Fetch a session key for a user. The third step in the authentication process. See the authentication how-to for more information.
Paramstoken (Required) : A 32-character ASCII hexadecimal MD5 hash returned by step 1 of the authentication process (following the granting of permissions to the application by the user)
api_key (Required) : A Last.fm API key.
api_sig (Required) : A Last.fm method signature. See authentication for more information.
AuthThis service does not require authentication.
<lfm status="ok"> <session> <name>MyLastFMUsername</name> <key>d580d57f32848f5dcf574d1ce18d78b2</key> <subscriber>0</subscriber> </session> </lfm>
- 4 : Invalid authentication token supplied
- 14 : This token has not been authorized
- 15 : This token has expired
- 2 : Invalid service - This service does not exist
- 3 : Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package
- 4 : Authentication Failed - You do not have permissions to access the service
- 5 : Invalid format - This service doesn't exist in that format
- 6 : Invalid parameters - Your request is missing a required parameter
- 7 : Invalid resource specified
- 8 : Operation failed - Something else went wrong
- 9 : Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate
- 10 : Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm
- 11 : Service Offline - This service is temporarily offline. Try again later.
- 13 : Invalid method signature supplied
- 16 : There was a temporary error processing your request. Please try again
- 26 : Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm
- 29 : Rate limit exceeded - Your IP has made too many requests in a short period