1. Get an API Key
You will need to apply for a key before authenticating with the API.
2. Configure Your API Account
Head over to your api accounts page, and select the account you wish to configure. You need to supply an application name, a description and an optional logo. Each of your account pages contains an API key and secret; you will need both to use the API.
3. Choose your authentication path
- If you're building a web application, see the web application how-to for more details.
- If you're building a desktop application, see the desktop application how-to for more details.
- If you're building on a standalone device such as a mobile phone, see the mobile how-to for more details.
In some cases, you may want to choose a different authentication path from the obvious (e.g. a mobile app could well use the desktop path if there's a web browser on the device). If in doubt, check them all out.
4. Authentication Spec
See the full authentication API specification for an overview of the API.