There are at least 13 artists that share the name Luna:
1. Luna, a dream pop/indie rock band formed in 1991 by Dean Wareham after the breakup of Galaxie 500, with Stanley Demeski formerly of The Feelies and Justin Harwood formerly of the New Zealand band The Chills. Described by Rolling Stone magazine as “the best band you’ve never heard of,” Luna blended nuanced guitar work, shading dynamics, and Wareham's wry wit. The original line-up was expanded with the addition of guitarist Sean Eden for their second album, 1994's Bewitched. Lee Wall replaced Demeski on drums in time for 1997's Pup Tent, and Britta Phillips of The Belltower (also known as the singing voice of animated character Jem) joined when bassist Justin Harwood departed in 2000. They played their final concert at the Bowery Ballroom in New York City on February 28, 2005. Phillips and Wareham became romantically involved and eventually married in 2007.
2. LUNA (born Park Sun-young; August 12, 1993 in Seoul, South Korea), is a South Korean singer, actress and presenter. She is the main vocalist and lead dancer of South Korean girl group f(x). Luna made her solo debut with the EP Free Somebody on May 31, 2016.
3. Luna was a new wave band from Novi Sad, Serbia, formed by poet Slobodan Tišma in 1981, after the breakup of Tišma's earlier band, La Strada. During the late 1981 former Pekinška Patka members Zoran Bulatović Bale (guitar) and Marko Vukomanović Mare (bass) with former La Strada members Slobodan Tišma (vocals) and Ivan Fece Firchie (drums) joined together and formed Luna.
Formed on the ashes of the new wave band La Strada and getting the name by the Bernardo Bertolucci film La Luna, Luna quickly gained the public's attention and established a cult status. Owing to Marko Brecelj, a former Buldožer member, who had approached them after a performance in Rijeka, Zoran Bulatović "Bale" (guitar), Slobodan Tišma (vocals), Ivan Fece "Firchie" (drums) and Jasmina Mitrušić "Mina" (keyboards, vocals) got the opportunity to release their debut album. However, their debut and only album Nestvarne stvari (Unreal Things) was released after the band disbanded. The album was critically well acclaimed and is considered one of the finest releases of the former Yugoslav rock scene.
4. Luna is a well-known Dutch Hardstyle/Hardcore producer and deejay. His scene breakthrough came when he was discovered in 1999 by Q-Dance. He has played at many famous events, such as Sensation Black, Defqon.1, In Qontrol and many more.
5. Luna was a Spanish "tecno-pop" group from the region of Castilla Y León, active during the height of the "La Nueva Ola ("The New Wave") in the early 1980s. The group released only one full-length album on M.R. Records and a handful of singles, only one of which was not related to the initial self-titled LP in 1983.
6. LUNA (ルナ) is also a female japanese artist. For scrobbling purposes, please use ＬＵＮＡ.
7. Luna is the solo project of peruvian singer Natasha Luna. But Now is Only Natasha Luna, changes your tags.
8. LUNA is the sole member of the circle GUNFIRE who arranges Touhou songs.
9. Luna is Luna B. Ziegler, a German new age musician who released two solo albums on the Nightingale label (Moving Moments 1989, Time Dreaming 1995) and worked with Anugama on several albums with new age adaptations of well known classical pieces.
10. Luna is a Serbian pop group, founded in 1998. Curent members are Čeda Čvorak, Lidija Jadžić and Ivana Krunić.
11. LUNA is a Japanese R&B musician.
12. Luna is also a one-man funeral doom metal project from Kiev, Ukraine formed in 2013.
He released one full-length album titled Ashes to Ashes containing one track of nearly 1 hour duration in the kind of Monolithe.
13. Luna (Luna Lee) is a South Korean woman who plays the gayageum, a traditional stringed instrument. Many of her works are covers of popular Western songs. She is currently signed to Domo Records and she released her first album (self-titled) in October 2013. Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lunaxmusic
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.