Quannum Projects (aka Quannum MCs) is a hip-hop collective based in the San Francisco Bay Area. It has been active since 1992, when it was formed at UC Davis under the moniker Solesides Records.
It is also the name of the independent record label that releases their records, as well as those of a number of other artists. The label continues to be 100% independently owned and operated.
* Apsci (Dana Diaz-Tutaan & Raphael LaMotta)
* Blackalicious (Gift of Gab & Chief Xcel - Sacramento, California)
* Curumin (Luciano Nakata Albuquerque - Brazil)
* General Elektriks (Hervé Salters - Paris, France)
* Tommy Guerrero
* Honeycut (San Francisco, California)
* Lateef and the Chief a.k.a. Maroons (Lateef & Chief Xcel - Oakland, California)
* Latyrx (Lateef & Lyrics Born - Oakland, California)
* Lifesavas (Jumbo, Vursatyl, Rev. Shines - Portland, Oregon)
* Lyrics Born (Berkeley, California)
* Pigeon John
* Poets of Rhythm (Whitefield Brothers & Boris Borale - Munich, Germany)
* DJ Shadow (Josh "Shadow" Davis - Mill Valley, California)
* Joyo Velarde (Berkeley, California)
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.