There is more than one artist with this name:
1) Mona Lisa Overdrive, or "MLO", is a new Industrial / Alternative Rock band based in Hollywood and Las Vegas . With a gripping new mix of Alternative Rock and Industrial Electronica flavored production,"MLO" finds a perfect balance between sharp hooks, deep reflective lyrics,beautiful melodies, atmospheric darkness ,and edgy guitar riff driven electronic soundscapes. The two principle members, Odyssey and Kyle Keiderling, started their collaborative journey with a song written in 2004 for the Sega USA game, . The track "Chosen One”, released under the band name A2 , has since become a game soundtrack cult classic all over the web and has provided them with a seriously dedicated YouTube following. In 2009, under the new identity of Mona Lisa Overdrive, they begin their new attack on the music world. Their tracks, "Living Without You” and “Nothing To Lose”, are currently available for purchase at all major web music vendors…as well as a new video for the track “Living Without You”.
2) An electronic/progressive /house group from the UK with these members: Ben Chapman, Steve Dubb, Steve Travell. They also released many remixed versions of Born to Synthesize.
3) An industrial act featuring Arthur Barrow and Joe Faracci. The band released one self-titled album in 1993, along with a single for "Stuck" on Max Bilt Records.
4) A most popular and influental psychadelic/experimental rock band from Kúty, Slovakia, mostly tagged as MLO. They had formed in 2001 and they had 4 members in the beginning:
Richard Vávra - vocals, guitar
Róbert Vávra - drums
Martin Pavlovič - bass guitar
David Valachovič - experimental guitar, mouth-organ
They released their demo Double Vision with five tracks in 2006, which garnered a big success as playing on the underground gigs in Slovakia (Bratislava, Mor. Sv. Jan, Kunov,Kuty,…). There were also some good rated reviews for this demo in some music magazines (Spark,Rock and Pop)and their fans have started to tag they as "Pink Floyd from Kúty".
In year 2007 Dávid Valachovič left the band for the personal problems or maybe for the disagreement in the band. After that MLO is still playing at the gigs just with 3 members but not as frequently as in the past.
5) A garage/psych band from Adelaide, South Australia formed in July 2007. Heavily influenced by the likes of The Velvet Underground, Galaxie 500, Dean Wareham, Bob Dylan and Barrett era Pink Floyd, Mona Lisa Overdrive recorded a demo in January 2008 including originals 'Poor Little Scene Girl no. 27', 'Now That You're Gone (I see much more of myself)' and 'Obviously Sally Mae'.
7) A rock band formed in Brisbane, Australia in the late 1980's; they played numerous live shows and released a cassette EP entitled "Earthly Delights" in 1990. Loosely, the band's style could be described as heavy psych rock. Members included bassist Robbie Warren who later joined established Oz rockers Died Pretty; after Warren's departure, the remaining members regrouped as Rubber Bug.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.