Get the metadata for a tag
Paramslang (Optional) : The language to return the wiki in, expressed as an ISO 639 alpha-2 code.
tag (Required) : The tag name
api_key (Required) : A Last.fm API key.
AuthThis service does not require authentication.
<tag> <name>disco</name> <url>http://www.last.fm/tag/disco</url> <reach>27199</reach> <taggings>114210</taggings> <streamable>1</streamable> <wiki> <published>Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:22:16 +0000</published> <summary><![CDATA[Disco is a genre of dance-oriented music]]></summary> <content><![CDATA[Disco is a genre of dance-oriented music that originated in African American, gay and Hispanic American communities in 1970s. (truncated for readability in sample)]]></content> </wiki> </tag>Hover over the underlined tags and attributes to get detailed information.
- 2 : Invalid service - This service does not exist
- 3 : Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package
- 4 : Authentication Failed - You do not have permissions to access the service
- 5 : Invalid format - This service doesn't exist in that format
- 6 : Invalid parameters - Your request is missing a required parameter
- 7 : Invalid resource specified
- 8 : Operation failed - Something else went wrong
- 9 : Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate
- 10 : Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm
- 11 : Service Offline - This service is temporarily offline. Try again later.
- 13 : Invalid method signature supplied
- 16 : There was a temporary error processing your request. Please try again
- 26 : Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm
- 29 : Rate limit exceeded - Your IP has made too many requests in a short period