A rarity of 1980's Krautrock, Kontrast saw ex-Out Of Focus members: Remigius Drechsler, Ingo Schmid-Neuhaus and Moran Neumüller, working together again after having been apart for several years. Out Of Focus main-man Remigius Drechsler had been with Embryo on and off for a couple of years prior to this, and actually Kontrast was his project and not a proper band as such. In fact, one track is Remigius entirely solo, with the aid of some nifty multi-tracking! Most of the album, however, is pretty much live rockin' fusion stepping on from the second disc of Out Of Focus' FOUR LETTER MONDAY AFTERNOON, as a refined and complex fusion, deep groove music that rattles along magnificently, characteristic of the Munich scene, with the edge on solo upon solo, experimentation and weirdness.
Though little-known, Kontrast deserve their growing reputation as one of the finest examples of 1980's Krautrock alongside Embryo's ZACK GLUCK.
- Ingo Schmid-Neuhaus / alto saxophone (1,3,4,7-9), electric piano (3,4,7-9),maracas, cow bell (8)
- Marika Schmid-Falk / vocals (3,8), percussion, vibraphone (3), gan gan (7), cuica (8)
- Remigius Drechsler / acoustic bass (1-4,6-9), darbouka (1-4,6,9), guitar (2,6), marimba, vibraphone, recorder (2), percussion (1,2,6,8,9), psaltery, horn (9), whistling, water (with Elise) (5)
- Richard Netusil / special guitar (1,4,9), hand drum (1,3,4), log drums (6)
- Christian Bäck / soprano saxophone (3,4,9), alto saxophone, vocal (6)
- Paul Smyth / words (1,7,9)
- Moran / flute (1,4,7,8), vocal (1,8), signal horn (6), cymbals (8)
Описания альбомов на Last.fm доступны для редактирования всеми пользователями. Ты можешь принять участие!
Часть текста на этой странице предоставляется пользователями по условиям свободной лицензии Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; могут действовать также другие условия.