Jul 27 2012, 5h45 por earthcrossing
Mar 28 2012, 22h52 por ackers07edit: 01/06/12 had to make this a top 25, rather than what was a top 20, as some songs deserve better than being mere "special mentions". The top 10-25 is sure to be rearranged eventually, I mean the dark horse 'Quiet' is unlike any other SP song, let's be honest, and 'Try, Try, Try' has a powerful message--especially the music video. Again this won't be easy...
This was near impossible to do! There are just so many great SP songs; the musical landscape they carved is so dense that you could see the band in an almost endless spectrum. My impression of SP has changed considerably, albeit rapidly, over the couple years that I discovered them. Without a doubt one of the greatest bands ever and personally my favourite (for 'Disarm' and the MCIS album alone). Songs with ' / ' between them are tied for sounding like the other half of each other; so here are my favourites, consisting of strength & quality, including the lyrics I can relate most strongly to (ones emboldened somewhat more so):
Mai 4 2011, 21h23 por Isab3llaI'm bored so let's try this!
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarassing.
Step 3: Strike-through the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is cheating!
1. Today is the greatest day I've ever known Today by The Smashing Pumpkins (Fenix_7)
2. You feel like I do, like the whole world's forgotten you Lit Up by Lush (Graham1986)
3. Here's a thought for every man who tries to understand what is in his hands Cast No Shadow by Oasis (Candyheart33)
4. Me in the world, osing tears, shedding fears Superblast! by Lush (Graham1986)
5. Ooooh, yeah, she wants to take you, take you away from your life
6. Honey you are a rock upon which I stand
7. Ooo, you make me live whatever this world can give to me
8. There is a child sleeping near his twin, the pictures go wild in a rush of wind Dream Brother by Jeff Buckley (Nakkinak
9. He's stupid I'm smarting He's stupid I'm smarting
Fev 19 2011, 23h30 por Isab3llaThe Smashing Pumpkins
1. Are you male or female?
2. Describe yourself?
I Am One
3. How do you feel about yourself?
4. Describe what you are thinking right now?
5. Describe the place you currently live.
6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
7. Your best friend is?
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
8. What would you ask for if you had just one wish?
9. You know that:
We Only Come Out at Night
10. What's the weather like?
Raindrops + Sunshowers
11. If your life was a television show, what would it be called?
12. What is life to you?
13. What is the best advice you have to give?
Try, Try, Try
14. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Medellia Of The Gray Skies
Dez 4 2010, 9h29 por thomas10http://www.tomamusica.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/400x400x739680.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qEgaF2Pmmo.jpg
1 Radiohead - OK Computer
Using the textured soundscapes of The Bends as a launching pad, Radiohead delivered another startlingly accomplished set of modern guitar rock with OK Computer. The anthemic guitar heroics present on Pablo Honey and even The Bends are nowhere to be heard here. Radiohead have stripped away many of the obvious elements of guitar rock, creating music that is subtle and textured yet still has the feeling of rock & roll. Even at its most adventurous -- such as the complex, multi-segmented "Paranoid Android" -- the band is tight, melodic, and muscular, and Thom Yorke's voice effortlessly shifts from a sweet falsetto to vicious snarls. It's a thoroughly astonishing demonstration of musical virtuosity and becomes even more impressive with repeated listens, which reveal subtleties like electronica rhythms, eerie keyboards, odd time signatures, and complex syncopations. …
Out 13 2010, 1h53 por earthcrossingTue 12 Oct – The Smashing Pumpkins
Saw The Smashing Pumpkins last night, and this was the setlist:
1. The Fellowship (live premiere)
2. Lonely is the Name (live premiere)
4. Astral Planes
5. Ava Adore
6. A Song for a Son
8. As Rome Burns
10. Bullet With Butterfly Wings
11. United States
14. Cherub Rock
15. Stand Inside Your Love
19. Tonight, Tonight
20. Landslide (Fleetwood Mac cover)
I've decided this was my 2nd favourite SP show (I've been to 4, and all since 2007). You can read about my all-time fave (from San Diego) here.
Meanwhile, I will say that I haven't been overly adoring of the new SP songs that have been coming out…
Ago 10 2010, 23h36 por emicomhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4885283368_ae1d5dd89b.jpg
Tue 10 Aug – The Smashing Pumpkins
Tue 10 Aug – THE SMASHING PUMPKINS カップリングLIVE
(Ibaraki, Japan, since 1997, j-rock, visual kei, similar to MERRY, 蜉蝣, DIR EN GREY, ギルガメッシュ, D'espairsRay)
逹瑯 (Tatsurou Iwakami, vocals)
ミヤ (Masaaki Yaguchi, guitar)
YUKKE (Yusuke Fukuno, bass)
SATOち (Satochi Takayasu, drums)
9mm Parabellum Bullet 19:00-19:40
(Yokohama, Japan, since 2004, j-rock, alternative, indie, similar to 凛として時雨, ストレイテナー, THE BACK, The Telephones, cinema staff)
Ago 9 2010, 7h43 por emicomhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4887752656_84e22bcf94.jpg
Official site http://www.summersonic.com/2010/
【General Fiasco】 11:15 - 12:55
(Belfast, North Ireland, UK, since 2006, indie rock, irish, similar to One Night Only, The Courteeners, Two Door Cinema Club, Panama Kings, Bombay Bicycle Club)
Tower Record Japan http://tower.jp/article/feature_item/4209
Owen Strathern オーウェン- Vocals and Bass
Enda Strathern エンダ- Guitar and Vocals
Stephen Leacock リーキ- Drums
01 Dancing With Girls
02 Please Take Your Time
03 We are the Foolish
Mai 8 2010, 12h54 por heysugarbabyTake ten bands/artists that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
• The first one plays 5 songs.
• The second one plays 5 songs.
• The third one plays 5 songs.
• The fourth one plays 7 songs.
• The fifth one plays 7 songs.
• The sixth one plays 7 songs.
• The seventh one plays 7 songs.
• The eighth one plays 10 songs.
• The ninth one plays 10 songs.
• The tenth one plays 14 songs, with a 2 song encore
Opening Band/Artist: Morningwood
1. Best of Me
4. Ride The Lights
Second Band/Artist: Rihanna
1. Rude Boy
2. Rockstar 101
3. Wait Your Turn
4. Fire Bomb
5. The Last Song
Third Band/Artist: The Smiths
1. Vicar in a Tutu
2. Bigmouth Strikes Again
3. How Soon Is Now?
4. Hand in Glove
5. There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
Fourth Band/Artist: Mika
1. Grace Kelly
2. Touches You
3. I See You
4. Lover Boy
5. By the Time
6. Happy Ending
7. We Are Golden
Fifth Band/Artist: The Smashing Pumpkins
1. Cherub Rock
Abr 30 2010, 23h57 por korzunjuniorUnfortunatelly I don't know which song I've listeted to most of all in my life. But I'm really obsessed with this question. Probably I'd like to ask this question to my guardian angel after my death.
I have some suggestions. As to my iTunes library it either Today or Where is my mind. I'm not interested about band statistics and compute play counts of the songs including cover versions by other bands. I have at least 4 versions of Today and at least 7 versions of Where is my mind, may be that's why I believe these two are the leaders. Surely I'll write about these songs a bit later.
However, in my teenage I've been a Rammstein fan, so Du hast and Links 2 3 4 could be my most listened.
Nowadays I listen to People Just Like Us almost every morning (because of my 'First song of the day' policy), perhaps one day this song might gain leadership. Shout to the Lord is another challenger as I have lot of covers of this anthem and often listen to them.