There are several bands called Aran.
1) aran is a Japanese EDM artist born in 1992 that makes outstanding music with his glorious production skills. His tracks are filled with drastic ideas and a lot of surprising gimmicks. aran’s forward-thinking productions will open new EDM frontiers.
aran was met with EDM at 16 years of age and soon after got started to produce tracks at the age of 17. At early phase, aran gained his production skills by re-arranging some tracks of his favorite video game. Then he began producing his original tracks and sent demos to some labels. These were highly evaluated and he released some tracks from Maltine Records and 49.5 Recordings. With his significant talents, aran was elected as the member of the project “Trio EP” from Otographic Music that aimed to feature undiscovered promising artists from Japan. Then aran joined Otographic Music and moved to the mainstream.
aran has unique and originative style and it is unclassifiable with any fixed models of existing EDM genres. aran will keep producing wonderful tracks which no one else have ever imagined.
2) Aran was a Belgian folk-group formed in Flanders, Belgium. They named themselves after a group of islands to the West of Ireland: Inis Méain, Inis Oírr and Inis Mórr; These islands were the ultimate refuge for Celtic tribes who had to leave their homelands under Roman pressure.
They mainly play Celtic and Irish traditional music, but some Canadian and Swedish tunes have also found a way into their repertoire. However founded in Flanders, their music has achieved a professional sound that breathes authenticity and craftmanship and will surely appeal to an admirer of the 'real stuff'.
With a mix of instrumental songs and nice ballads they were the perfect quartet to accompany a cold whiskey or stout in a quality Irish pub.
Before it seized to exist the band consisted of:
- Jan Ryckebosh (Irish Concertflute, Addison Whistles)
- Rick Houttekier (Guitar, Vocals)
- Jozefien Goethals (Violin, Concertina, Vocals)
- Mick Goethals (Bodhran, Vocals)
The last two in the list have moved on to another Folk band called 'Azômô', which currently is still active.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.