There are several artists using this name:
1) Zeta is an experimental post-hardcore band formed in 2003 in Anzoategui, Venezuela. Their line-up consists of Juan Ricardo Yilo (Juan Chi), Gabriel Duque, Juan Gonzalez and Daniel Saud. The band is characterized by its philosophy of DIY (Do It Yourself), simple yet emotional presentations and joining different art movements that defend the same principles such as the DIY ethos an views on friendship, punk sub-culture and liberty.
In 2010 was the launch of the first full-length production of the band, Haedo, that spawned four singles: The Moustache: Act I, Vultures: 3, Constanza and Ramen. A very experimental album, to promote their first release, the band made an extensive tour of two full years where they shared with the likes of Bring Me The Horizon, Dischord, Coralies and Los Pericos. In 2011 The Zeta won the award for Best Metal Artist 2011 by Distorxion Magazine Awards, sharing with other winners of that night such as OneChot, Mc Klopedia and Vel France.
By 2012 the band released their second official long lasting material Las Nuevas Tendencias, a double album with two discs, each with unpublished songs, one made in Spanish titled "Appendix A: Aurum", with themes of hope, faith, love and positivism, and the other in English titled "Appendix B: Sulphur", much darker with a more dense and cold sound. This release spawned the following singles: Jupiter Espérame, Vespucci and Te Amo De Los Amores.
Year 2013 saw the release of a split-EP with the Guatemalan band Volver called Weededge, from which one of their most famous singles got released, Yo El Peor De Todos (Somos Cosmos). Later this year the band made the launch of one of their best known albums, Explosión Del Cosmos Del Alma, a disc with eight tracks that spawned the singles El Rompeolas, El Oscuro Silencio No Se Come Mis Colores and Bosque De Pinos De Agua Salada.
During 2014 the band kept active playing live in Latin America and the United States and released two records. The first was a split-album titled Voces Del Nuevo Continente with No Somos Marineros from Mexico, where the band played a live session. The second release was their fourth full-length production, an album called En Medio De La Tormenta with only four tracks, each clocking around 15 minutes. This album spawned the singles I. El Mar - El Que Tiene No Valora and II. El Bosque - El Que Tiene No Merece.
On 2015 the band embarked on their longest tour outside of their country: "This year we left home, perhaps the longest journey we have made in our lives". This year saw the release of a split-album titled Vivimos Por Esto with the band Whites 2015 which contained one track of each band. The track from Zeta, MS, would reveal new experimentations of the band's musical evolution. This year also saw the revelation and release of Juan Chi's acoustic solo-project, ICH, as well as his participation, as well of Daniel Saud, in the production and mixing of the first full-lenght release by José y el Toro, Portrait. 2015 was also a year with more live dates with the band touring Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico and the United States. They where present in several major US cities as well as in The Fest festival by No Idea Records.
The year 2016 sees the expansion of the band with them embarking on a extensive full-year Latin American-US tour alongside two new side-projects where their members also participate, the stoner rock band Le Dune and the powerviolence band Nadio Nos Quiere. On May 2016 the band released their fifth full-length album, L'Antiteoria del Todo, their most experimental album to date. Compromised of ten tracks, most of them under 2 minutes long, the record combines their now classic hardcore sound and screamed vocals with softer singings and jazz elements.
Juan Jose: Guitar
Ricardo Guerrero: Bass
Hector Cabello: Drums
Atilio Lafontant: Guitar
2) ZETA is the solo project of TAKEOMI (who also known from the project, Far East Ghost), the artist based on Tokyo who’s playing all over the world. The hard guitar and the heavy rhythm of his live set heat up the floor.
The former member of Megadeth, Marty Friedman who is the top guitarist of the world participates in 1st album of ZETA which put out on 2nd.Apr.2006 from FARM RECORDS. The album accomplishes the splendid harmony of Dance music and Rock music.
Top artists of dance music such as Astrix, Shift, Rinkadink gave remixes to bonus disc of 1st album and Blood Red Rain(Astrix rmx) ranked into top 10 of Psy Craft and Silent Hill’s charts on Hommega web site. The 2nd Zeta album, called “Burning” were released on Jan. 2008, and it was a split/collaboration album with the South African Damage.
3) Zeta (sometimes Zeta League) are an Indie band from Adelaide, Australia, influenced by a wide range of bands including: Dinosaur Jr, The Lucksmiths, Pulp, Air, Explosions in the Sky - yet somehow managing not to sound like any of them. Members include Sascha Kenny, Anthony Wignall (The Keepsakes), Clemi Wetherall (Mandala Project) and Tom Smeets (Horse and Cart, Aviator Lane, The Brels). Zeta are set to release their self-titled EP within the next few months. To hear tracks from the Ep visit their myspace www.myspace.com/zetaleague
4) Born in Ethiopia, Africa, Issachar Samuel Tesfaye, AKA Zeta, started to follow his drive for music at the age of 13. He first heard the sounds of Eminem and Dr.Dre on the slim shady LP and instantly fell in love with hip-hop music and got more into it. So into it that after finishing high school he decided college was not for him and dropped out the first year to pursue his music career more. A few years later he was named by MYSPACE the third top artist out of 4.6 million artists and over 40 different genre’s of music. First in the best unsigned rapper and second to tila tequila in the hip-hop category witch is pretty much first noticing that tila tequila is not a lyricist by far. He got the look the voice the style the star quality feel the hooks the right lyrics the high iq in music knowledge the diversity the complete package you can say. He has opened up for the legends of hip-hop such as Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, Mc Lyte and few other more. Big Daddy Kane gave him his best advice when he free styled to him in the dressing room. As Zeta rapped to him at the age of 17 Big Daddy Kane noticed potential in Zeta and told him to not be scared to rap from his heart to rap with confidence and to be different. Aftermath’s Bishop Lamont heard his skills on the mic, along with Warren G. They were rocking to his tunes hooks and lyrics. Coming out of poverty refugee camps living the immigrant life did not slow him down. He just used all the negative of his life story and puts it in his music as fuel to his fire. He is here to redefine hip-hop. To put meaning behind it!!!! A multi talented person that is eager to maybe get a chance to work with those two great names that influenced him into what he does now, Eminem and Dr.Dre. A breath of fresh air that hip-hop and the music world is looking for.
5) Zeta was the name for a band performing in the electronic music vein. According to the group's posthumous MySpace, http://www.myspace.com/endofzeta, the band was formed in 1991 and disbanded in 1998. Devin Fleenor and Michael Plaster were bandmembers. The band's releases were Ego-Cel (EP) from 1993 and Unfinished (Album) from 1997. The MySpace also features a few rarities not included on either release.
6) Born in Palm Springs California 19 year old Connor Lee began his electronic music career in 2010 under the name "scripped" which was eventually changed to "Zeta". He began using various mixers and Daws including FL studios for his first EP "Nebula's most wanted" which is to be released in 2011. Through studying rigorously and being influenced by dubstep's sudden jump in popularity Connor Lee has been working on taking his music to higher places one song at a time. Although Connor has yet to gain much popularity he is still rising through the underground as an artist with a style packed with melodies as you can see here: http://www.Youtube.com/seeinour.
Heavily influenced by artist's such as, Numbernin6, Nero, Datsik, and a variety of classical artists.
7) Zeta is the name of an indie rock band from Saratoga Springs, New York.
8) Zeta is a UK band formed by Paul Ortiz (Chimp Spanner), Daniel Tompkins (TesseracT) and Katie Jackson. This band is heavily influenced by the synthwave/retrowave movement, but has a lot of influences ranging from metal, future garage, prog, classical and various game and film soundtracks.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.