1997 – present (21 years)
With sharp execution, sharp tongue, and a pick-up-and-go ethos, Youngblood Brass Band cleanly fuses elements of brass band, jazz, punk and hip-hop. Since their debut in 1998 with the album Word On the Street, YBB have been a shotgun blast to the eardrum, demanding attention from all that have had the fortune to hear them while they tour both the US and Europe.
Though centered in Madison, WI, YBB contains members from all over the continental USA: Brooklyn, NY, New Orleans, LA, Nashville, TN, Minneapolis, MN and Chicago, IL. Their current members and positions (in no particular order) are:
- David Henzie-Skogen on percussions/vocals (also from experimental rockers Cougar)
- Charley Wagner and Mike Boman on trumpet
- Matt Hanzelka and Joe Goltz on trombone
- Tony Barba and/or Zach Lucas on saxophones
- Tom Reschke and Conor Elmes on percussions
- Arian Macklin or Kenny Bentley on sousaphone
YoungBlood Brass Band was founded at Oregon High School under the name of "One Biskit"(1994-1998) in Oregon, Wisconsin.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.