2008 – present (11 years)
Ealing, London, England, United Kingdom
- Charles Cave
- Harry McVeigh
- Jack Lawrence-Brown
There are at least three artists who have used this name
1. A popular indie band from London, England
2. A singer from Belgium
3. A rock band from Devon, England
1) A three-piece London indie band formed from the ashes of Fear Of Flying in late 2007. The line-up consists of singer/guitarist Harry McVeigh, bassist/lyricist Charles Cave and drummer Jack Brown. Unfinished Business (released April 29th 2007) was their first single, released on Jack Brown's label Chess Club Records. This single was released on a vinyl 7" format only and was limited to 500 copies. Death followed next (released Sept 22nd 2007). It peaked at #52 in the UK singles chart and was available on 2 x 7" and CD format. On December 29th 2008 From The Stars became the next release from White Lies, although this time only on digital release through iTunes.
Their debut album, To Lose My Life, was released on January 19th 2009, preceded by the album title track and fourth single To Lose My Life one week earlier. The album was recorded in the summer of 2008 in Brussels with producers Max Dingel and Ed Buller.
Ritual , their second album, was released on January 17th, 2011. Album has been produced by Alan Moulder.
The band released their third album 'Big TV' in 2013, and their fourth album 'Friends' was released in October 2016. Their latest album, Five, was released on February 1st, 2019.
2) White Lies was a one piece band consisting of Haydé Walraet from Belgium. Currently known as Haydé. She had her small claim to fame with her cover of the Kaiser Chiefs' song, "Heat Dies Down" which was accepted as a heart warming cover considering Haydé had minimal live footage to work with to re-interpret it her own way.
She also covered the Little Man Tate song "You And Me Might Be Alright, You Know" which used the same technique of acoustic guitar, layered, precious vocals and simple harmonies throughout.
But she is not just a cover artist, Haydé also writes her own songs and released a demo of seven of them in the latter half of 2006. Her style is often simple and laid back with songs to calm the mind and ease you into the day. Her demo was again confronted with good press who saw her demo as a humane approach to life from the eyes of a young girl.
3) White Lies was an Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom based alternative rock band. The first years of the bands career, they were going under the name Rota. In 2004 the band released their self-titled album White Lies, having received positive reviews. Although in 2005 the band went its seperate ways, with each member having his own new band.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.