The Choir began its professional activity under Zbigniew Soja in 1953 and gave its first concert in May of the same year under Witold Rowicki, who was artistic director of Warsaw Philharmonic at that time. The subsequent choirmasters were: Roman Kuklewicz (1955-1971), Józef Bok (1971-1974), Antoni Szaliński (1974-1978), and the present choirmaster Henryk Wojnarowski, who has held this position since 1978.
The central part of the choir's artistic activity are frequent symphonic and choral-orchestral concerts given each season with Warsaw… read more
Don't want to see ads? Subscribe now