There are several artists with the name Ubik.
1) Ubik was an experimental new wave/coldwave band from France formed in early 80s by Philippe Maujard. The first album Surf was released in 1983 and a few singles after:
1984 - Nada (12", Maxi)
1985 - Maria Del Peyote (7")
1986 - Maria Del Peyote (12")
Band also collaborated with Bernard Szajner on Brute Reason and Howard Devoto from Magazine.
2) Ubik was a techno act created by Londoners Viv Beeton and Dave Campbell in 1989. More info can be found at http://www.btinternet.com/~davehiryze/ubikpage.htm
ubik creates ambient electronic, drone & noise music by experimenting with samples. Its aim is to explore the possibilities of manipulating the fragments of existing recordings in order to translate original stylistics into others.
Links to free downloads can be found on www.myspace.com/ubikpl
3) Ubik (also known as Phi-Human) is Brian Davis, an electronic musician and also a video game music remixer from the OverClocked ReMix community. Free downloads and new releases can be found on http://www.ubikmusic.org.
4) ubik. is an active Seattle band that began performing in 2006. Their first album, The World Is a Glorious Biomechanical Nightmare, was released in 2008, followed by A Hideous Triumph of Form and Function in 2011. The official ubik.site is ubik.crumpled.com.
5) 77" punk, anarcho, the dystopian Australian nightmare we all live in and a sprinkling of Cronenburg mashed together to create the brat-beat stylings of UBIK.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.