There is more than one band with the name UN (or Un).
1) Un was a group featuring Marcia Bassett (Zaimph, Double Leopards, Hototogisu, GHQ, among others), Grant Acker, and Tom Roach, formed in Philadelphia around 1995. Tara Burke (later of Fursaxa) also joined at one point and they had two releases on the Siltbreeze label before disbanding in 1999.
2) UN (유엔) is a male duo from Korea. Although their music is a mix of different genres, most of their songs are predominantly pop ballads with a twist of R&B.
UN is an acronym for "United N-generation".
* Kim Jeong Hoon (김정훈, 1980)
* Choi Jung Won (최정원, 1981)
In 1999, the duo, who are both from the top universities in Korea, got together and formed UN but it wasn't until June of 2000 that they released their first album.
In September 2005, 5 years after their debut and 5 albums later, their management agency, Laful Entertainment, anounced that the duo will disband after the expiration of their contract. The two members will focus on their seperate careers as individual actors and singers.
3) Harsh noise project on the renown HarshFuckedForLife label.
Appeared as one of three artists on the "Wallwhores" compilation.
4) Funeral Doom/Sludge Metal band from Seattle, Washington formed in 2012. Released their debut, "The Tomb of all Things" in December 2015.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.