There are at least three artists/bands with the name TOT.
1. a metal band from Australia
2. a hiphop artist from Germany
3. a postpunk/electronic eighties act from Manchester, U.K.
1. Hailing from the Northern Peninsula of Redcliffe (Australia), TOT has pushed the barriers of Australian underground metal to new extremes. Having released a number of demo's and a split with the southern black lord 'Vogelkopf', TOT have grown to kvlt status within the black metal community.
2. TOT is an underground rapper from Hannover, Germany. He released two albums on tape. The first one from 2001 is called "Wurstebrei", the 2nd one from about 2003 is called "V2 Blut".
3. TOT was a short-lived postpunk/electronic act from Manchester, United Kingdom. TOT was, in their case, an acronym and comes from a Sylvia Plath poem, 'Temper Of Time'. Through several line-ups the band remained highly literate and, at all times, exploding with ideas and nervous, edgy energy. Of one line-up, featuring Carol Morley and Debbie Turner, Carol recalls: "We had a single review in Melody Maker that said we were going to be bigger than The Beatles before the next gas bill came around, but we'd actually never even made a single. We had T-shirts and stickers made and we felt we were going about it all in a very Warhol way! On our T-shirts it said 'From C to D and back again'."
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.