There are at least 6 bands named Tokyo
1) Tokyo was a short-lived band featuring the ex-Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist, Dimitri Minakakis. In 2003 they released the Jones Demo. This was their only release.
2) Tokyo is a band from Virginia Beach, VA consisting of Robert Smith (keys, vocals), Josiah Schlater (guitar, vocals), Felix Jason Schlater (drums), and Aaron Lachman (bass). They released an EP called "Swan King" on March 14, 2008 independently. Check out more at: www.myspace.com/tokyomusic.
3) Tokyo was also a band that appeared in the decade of 1980 in Brazil, more precisely in 1985, with a pop-rock style and that revealed the pop-punk singer Supla and the producing of MPB BiD (at that time Bidi, guitarist). The band appeared in the peak of the movement denominated " Brazilian " rock.
4) Tokyo was from the Central NY area, and released a 4 song EP in the 80's. The band has since broken up, and members went their separate ways, only to reform and do a reunion show in the late 90's. Part of the band then went on to become the band Sgt. Stress, and later Stress, with alternate members, such as Jeff Howell (Outlaws, Foghat) on bass. Original drummer J. Harman now owns a prominent Ithaca, NY nightclub called The Haunt, and plays in a band called Boiler. The band's second drummer, Ron Hurd, along with guitarist/vocalists Danny Stillwell and Shane French are now in a local band called M-Eleven. Bassist Dave Halton plays in the local band Iron Horse. Sadly, former lead singer Jerry Barber became ill (with throat cancer) and subsequently passed away in the early 00's. M-Eleven played a show at The Haunt in Ithaca in 2011, and singer/guitarist Bob Dee, who is now with Bob Dee and Petro (in NY City), joined them onstage for a few numbers.
5) Tokyo was a Germany-based five-piece outfit, founded by Austrian guitar crack Robby Musenbichler, and consisted of Robby, Ken Taylor (bass, vocals), Klaus Luley (guitar, vocals), Lothar Krell (keyboards), Fritz Matzka (drums). Their eponymous debut album was published in 1980, followed by "Fasten Seat Belts" in 1982, and "San" in 1983. The band folded in 1984.
6) Tokyo is also band from Zlin, Czech Republic, Europe. Form 2000 thay compose and play their own music, which has roots in jazz, latin, country and rock music.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.