There are 5 bands called "The Rippers"
1) a Garage / Punk / Rhythm'n'Blues from Cagliari, Sardinia (Italy)
2) A Street Punk band from Oklahoma
3) a Punk band from Kansas City, Missouri (United States)
4) Formed in 1995 after the Skull Boys demise, The Rippers started in L'Arboç (Catalonia, Spain) as a two piece band with brothers Marc Teichenné (Vocals, Guitar) & David Teichenné (Bass, Drums) to quickly record their first 7". With the addition of Ricky on drums they´s soon hit the stages, playing with international bands as The New Bomb Turks, Queers or Buzzcocks. The first full lenght, "Evil", is underachieved. It never really caught the band´s raw live sound. But in 1999 they turned to black. In Xafacaps 7" their sound mutated, it was the Rippers but music was poisoned, leaving fears behind. "No Mört" remains as a modern punk rock classic, with direct hits to your stomach & primitive driving power, which gained attention & respect from the underground rock media in Spain & some other countries like Germany or the USA. Actually, half part of the bloody painted vinyl version of the record sold abroad.
Later, with the addition of Francesc Marchan on drums & Manel Lucio on guitar, the band became what Marc & David had always dreamed of. Heavier & tightier than ever; apocaliptyc visions, trips over the limit & mind damage led to the conceptual monster known as "Invertebrät", described on www.ipunkrock.com as "Black, demonic, murderer, sticky, celestial". "Nomelêc´s Revenge" in 2006 is the creative peak of the Rippers sound, as the band signs for Rock On Music. The band starts to schedule tour dates as the Nomelec´s power breaks it all.
5) A rock 'n roll band from Portugal.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.