The Press refers to five bands:
1) Widely accepted as New York City's first authentic Oi! band, and possibly the first in the USA as well, The Press, fronted by lead vocalist/song writer André Schlesinger, formed in 1984 and released several recordings including "Just Another Warning" on Moon Record's NY Beat: Hit & Run, 8 tracks on Oi! Records Skins 'N' Punks Vol. 5, "It's Not What I Want" on The Best of Oi! Records compilation, and their last release "Friday 5 PM" on Radical Record's Oi!/Skampilation Vol. 1.
2) The Press is an indie rock band hailing from Brooklyn, NY. Their most recent album, InTEOTWIJTEOAE, was released in 2010.
3) In 1980 the Dutch band The Walkers (millionseller hit: There's No More Corn On The Brasos) change their name into The Press (members: Rene Innemee, Michel & Walter Nita, John Coenen, Floor Minnaert and Willy Bronzwaer). The singles "I'm Gonna Shoot The D.J." and "Cantara Pepe" sold very well. They released two albums "Press Here" and "Don't Lose The Beat". In 1984 the name is changed back to The Walkers.
4) Punk/rhythm & blues band from Nottingham and predecessor of postpunk band Medium Medium.
5) The Press su alt rock skupina koji zavodi ružnoćom i nesvakidašnjom poetikom svakidašnjeg. Rezultat kombinacije utjecaja heroina Velvet Undergounda, LSD-a Funkadelica i MDMA-a Sonic Youtha Pressov debi album "Meet The Press" pokriva sve navedene izvore inspiracije i izaziva uvođenje termina auteur rock.
Svi ljubitelji indie zvuka devedesetih mogli bi upravo u ovom bendu naći svoj novi ‘omiljeni domaći bend'
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.