1993 – present (25 years)
Wellington, Wellington, North Island, New Zealand
There are multiple bands named The Lads.
1. Three-piece Christian rock band from New Zealand.
2. An 80s new wave band from Massachusetts.
3. Punk group from Buffalo, NY.
1. The Lads are a three piece Christian rock band formed in New Zealand in 1993. In early 2005 the band moved to America, and they are currently residing in Nashville, Tennessee. When discussing the move to America many of the previous members were unable to leave prior commitments in New Zealand, and major line-up changes resulted. The current line-up consists of Mark Millard (vocals), Tim Smith (guitars) and Steve King (drums). They have released a total of eight albums in their 15 year history, two of which won Gospel Album of the Year at the NZ Music Awards (Marvel and The Lads). They performed at every Parachute Music Festival from 1993-2005, earning them a cult status among many fans.
2. The Lads were a Bedford, MA indie group. The Lads played a tight skillful new wave oriented sound coupled with power pop influences. Their one and only album is soaked with bright, energetic and effectual melodies that stand up to any of the more popular acts from the early 80's. Out From The Shadows is highly recommended for the collector searching for a satisfying private press entry and desires a getaway from those more commercial offerings of the day.
3. Punk from sunny Buffalo, New York
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.