The Beautiful Disease
The Beautiful Disease are Chris Goellnitz (vocals), Stanley Carr (synthesizer) and Norman Thiel (percussion).
It is not easy to bring their stilistically quite various music to the point. One could describe it as melancholic, expressive, apocalyptic and experimental but none of these descriptions really comes close to the heart. They are always in the search of new possibilities to change the existing and to develop it further. The German/English lyrics combine to word pictures and poetic landscapes. With their lyrical arrangements the three musicians Lake a curious and hypnotic trip through sounds and worlds and create their own universe. Also on stage the Beautiful Disease create a dense atmosphere wich their electric and acoustic Instruments and they captivate their audience with word and tune. The Beautiful Disease was founded in December 1995. It took a little more than a year to create their basic musical material. Since 1997 they irregularly perform in German Clubs and on festivals. In order to achieve a wider audience they now wish - in the very beginning of a new decade, that might become their decade - to perform on stages outside of Germany.
* Winter 1995/1996: re-foundation of the band by Chris Goellnitz and Stanley Carr
* Autumn 1996: Wilhelm Reich des Abendlandes (guitars, bass) took part
* Since February 1998: Performances all over Germany
* November 1998: Samael Koelewijn (percussion) joined the band
* May 1999: Production of debut CD "It's Weeping Time In Ghostly Gardens"
* January 2000: Samael Koelewijn left the band for other projects
* February 2000: Norman Thiel took over the percussion
* March 2000: The Beautiful Disease won the Zillo (German Indie Mag) contest "Go For Goth"
* April 1st, 2000: Launch of online presence
* April 2000: Re-recording of "Machine" for ZilloScope 06/00 at Music Park studio Wuppertal
* Juni 2000: Finishing of EP "Alpha Leads To Loss"
* September 2000: Wilhelm Reich des Abendlandes left the band
* November 2000 to February 2001: Puppenspieler (guitar) joined the band
* April 2001: Re-Recording of "Rose Aus Stein" produced by Oswald Henke
* July to October 2001: production of CD "Dreamworks From Dysphoria"
* February 2002: entrance of Michael Schaffer (guitar)
* Oktober 2003: release of "Mother's Dryland Green"
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.