1991 – 2011 (20 years)
Rottne, Växjö Municipality, Kronoberg, Sweden
! FOR SOUTH KOREAN GIRL GROUP USE: 디아크 !
THE ARK is the name of more than one artist.
1) Swedish rock band
2) The Ark was a glam rock band from Växjö, Sweden. The band was formed in 1991 by Ola Salo, Mikael Jepson, and Lasse Ljungberg. Martin Axén joined the band in 1997, and Sylvester Schlegel in ‘99. Jens Andersson was the last one to officially join, in October 2006. Jens is a familiar face from many The Ark gigs, as he has played the keyboard with the band for several years. Their lyrics are mostly written by singer Ola Salo, and many of them are controversial, especially the earlier ones. For example, the 2002 single Father of a Son is about homosexuals’ right to have children. The band tour Scandinavia, Germany and Italy regularly and were one of the support acts to The Darkness on their 2006 UK tour.
The Ark participated in, and won, the Swedish Melodifestivalen 2007 with the song “The Worrying Kind”, written by Ola Salo. The song was also Sweden’s Eurovision 2007 entry and is included on their fourth album, Prayer For The Weekend. In the spring of 2010, the band relased their fifth album In Full Regalia and toured somewhat in connection with this. On December 8th 2010, the band announced on their website that they would release a greatest hits-album in early 2011, marking their 20th anniversary as a band. In connection with this, there is to be a club tour in Scandinavia. However, the band also announced that this would be their last club tour, only followed by some festival shows during the summer. The reason for this was said to be that the band felt they had achieved what they intended to artistically, and felt it was time to move on.
* Ola Salo (lead singer)
* Mikael Jepson (guitar)
* Martin Axén (guitar)
* Lasse Ljungberg (bass)
* Sylvester Schlegel (drums)
* Jens Andersson (keyboard)
So far they have released five studio albums and an EP:
* Racing with the Rabbits - 1996
* We Are The Ark - 2000
* In Lust We Trust - 2002
* State of The Ark - 2004
* Prayer For The Weekend - 2007
* In Full Regalia - 2010
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.