There are at least four groups with the name Snakes
1) A metallic hardcore/powerviolence band from Grand Rapids, MI. They have released two EPs, "Please Just Kill Me Now" and "Waking Up And Decomposing", as well as a split with Humanerror, all in 2012.
2) A light-hearted rap group formed by Billy and Adam of the Harvard Sailing Team. They have so far released two albums, "Not Ready to Die" (2009) and "Network Takeover" (2010), which are free for download from their website. Their songs often cover comic themes in a straight-laced rap style.
3) A British-Norwegian hard rock group formed by two former Whitesnake members and active from 1997-1999. They released two albums, "Once Bitten" (1998) and the live album "Live in Europe", which featured live performances of Whitesnake songs.
4) Garage/neo pysch band led by Lenny Pops, formerly of Brian Jonestown Massacre, debut album appeared on
5) grind/fastcore from portland oregon.
The Committee to Keep Music Evil label
This information regards the band Snakes from Baltimore (MD):
“Dreary, chops-heavy western gallop with some of The Killers’ Vegas-born, Springsteen-isms in here too. Whether Mr. George Cessna, formerly of Sterling Sisters, likes that comparison or not, it’s true and there’s nothing wrong with it. Not to mention “Young American” shares almost the name of a very famous Bowie song. These country-rock kids got balls.”
— Baltimore City Paper
The band called Snakes is a five-piece rock n’roll outfit from the city of Baltimore, MD. Led by the laden lung of lead singer George Cessna, and with a unique sound that’s like listening to a “a Spaghetti Western soundtracked by a Rockabilly-tweaked Townes Van Zandt,” Snakes is old country for the new generation.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.