27 May 2012, 04:35 by TuckerBlair89
2 Apr 2010, 08:09 by UnraveledStar1. Ane Brun - A Temporary Dive
2. Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Grave
3. Basia Bulat - Run
4. Vienna Teng - Recessional
5. The Decemberists - Here I Dreamt I Were An Architect
6. Smog - Rock Bottom Riser
7. The Innocence Mission - Keeping Awake
8. Grizzly Bear - Shift (Alternate Version)
9. Pajo - Ten More Days
10. Angus & Julia Stone- Mango Tree
11. Denison Witmer - Steven
12. Rosie Thomas - The One I Love
13. Joanna Newsom - Esme
14. Fionn Regan - Snowy Atlas Mountains
15. Laura Veirs - Sleeper In The Valley
16. Elliott Smith - Placeholder
24 Dec 2008, 01:54 by rmxwebRock Bottom Riser, de Smog, é uma bela balada sobre amor e amizade. Enquanto a música tocou, nesta antevéspera de Natal, senti as coisas sólidas que estão no lugar se desmanchando. Assim como assisti ao filme Afterlife, trilha sonora do Balmorhea, almas que buscam as boas lembranças dos vivos, dissipando a dor destes vivos ausentes, escolhendo os melhores momentos da vida para se passar a eternidade. Nossa ausência. A perda e a aceitação desta perda. O vazamento no teto. Gotejamento de emoções represadas em um acesso de fraternidade. O bom velhinho anunciando matérias de emoções densas para nossa vida diária.
9 Jul 2008, 05:27 by dustydome
15 Mar 2008, 23:49 by lo_maPost your Last.fm overall top 20 artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite.
- 1 -
name: Cat Power
1st song i heard: American Flag
the song that made me fall in love: He War
my current fav: Colors and the Kids
- 2 -
1st song i heard: The Morning Paper
the song that made me fall in love: To Be of Use
my current fav: Rock Bottom Riser
- 3 -
name: The Flaming Lips
1st song i heard: Turn It On
the song that made me fall in love: Waitin' for Superman
my current fav: Do You Realize??
- 4 -
name: Bikini Kill
1st song i heard: Rebel Girl
the song that made me fall in love: Rebel Girl
my current fav: Rebel Girl
- 5 -
name: The Smiths
1st song i heard: How Soon Is Now?
the song that made me fall in love: Shoplifters Of World Unite
my current fav: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
- 6 -
name: Jolie Holland
1st song i heard: Alley Flowers
30 Jan 2008, 17:56 by shandkeboredom strikes ... depression sets in... life is so much better when we don't have to work...
You May Be Blue
Good Till Now
Sit & Listen to the Rain
We Are The Wreckage
Rock Bottom Riser
listening to otis redding at home during christmas
Sad, Sad Song
Lived in Bars
The Devil Never Sleeps
Onward the Indian
From the MorningYawny at the Apocolypse
When You Wake Up Feeling Old (LP Version)
Life Is A Pigsty
31 Dec 2005, 17:06 by jetadore... in another album of the year list, here's mine:
1. I Am A Bird Now
4. Transistor Radio
6. Tunng - Mother's Daughter and Other Songs
7. A River Ain't Too Much to Love
9. Talk Amongst the Trees
10. Blinking Lights and Other Revelations (disc 1) / Blinking Lights and Other Revelations (disc 2)
Why is Sufjan only third?
- Frankly, I don’t like the “They Are Night Zombies!!” track. In particular, the “I-L-L-I-N-O-I-S” chanting piece. It sounds like some cheerleading squad. Thankfully, it gets much better when Sufjan starts singing himself.
What are your favourite tracks on these albums?
- That depends on my mood. But currently, I'd go for these:
John Wayne Gacy, Jr.
I'll Be Yr Bird
Tale from Black
Rock Bottom Riser
New Animals From the Air
Whatever Happened to Soy Bomb?
What albums are you looking forward to in 2006?
- The releases by Cat Power, Mogwai, Belle & Sebastian and - hopefully - Radiohead.