Sirius: (1) Portuguese Black Metal band 1998-2002; (2) German Trash Metal band; (3) Norwegian rapper from Vestfold; (4) Greek Uplifting Trance artist; (5) Hong Kong Hard Rock Band; (6) Improvisational free jazz duo
(1) The black metal band Sirius was formed in 1998 and eventually attracted the interest of Samoth (ex-Emperor, who signed the band to his Nocturnal Art Productions label. Classic symphonic black metal is the order of the day here, in the spirit of Emperor or labelmates Limbonic Art (members of both bands guested on Spectral Transition), with the band showing the right amount of aggression as well as diversity in the songwriting. At one point the band was reported to have moved to Norway and changed membership, but apparently the band is now disbanded.
Daniel Cardoso (drums, keyboards, guitars) has teamed up with Norwegian Kristoffer G. Rygg (of Ulver) to form Head Control System.
(2) The german melodic thrash metal band Sirius was formed in early 2006 under the former name "Wagner" with the intent to fuse melody and harshness into a symbiotic mix and let loose this blend of melodic death and thrash metal on the public. The mostly concerted riffs paired with fast headbang-parts are pushed by drums, heavy on the doublebass. A solid base of bass guitar and a thick wall of subcutaneously aggressive sound emphasize the overall sound.
Sirius are Jan, Sebastian, Andreas, Stefan of Lunarsphere and Andi of Intus. The band emerged from the osnametal-board at the beginning of 2006. Right from the start they worked on their own, unique songs and at the end of 2006 there was enough material to perform their first live-gigs. As feedback from attendants was more than positive, some more gigs all over northern Germany were played and new events are always scheduled.
(3) The norwegian rapper from Larvik. He's member for the rap crew The Rovers they gave out "På nye eventyr" (2006). His underground records named "Misery made me" came in 2007. He also made a record called "Coffee & Beer" (2005) with DVD.
He won TV2`s "Norske talenter 2010" (Norway got talent) where he released his hit single "Fuck Up"
(4) The Uplifting Trance artist Sirius from Greece produced many unreleased tracks and some released in Uplifting compilations. The project still stays underground.
(6) Two generations gather in this surprising project: from one side a young Swazi born trumpeter who is committed to bring Africa to the Portuguese free music scene, Yaw Tembe, and from the other a veteran percussionist / objects manipulator, Monsieur Trinité (Francisco Trindade), a former emigrant in Paris who brought home the Situationist concepts he discovered in France. Nothing on their respective careers prepared us for the music of the duo Sirius, which we can describe as a psychedelic kind of improvised music.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.