Sex can refer to five known artists:
1. Sex is a 1960's fuzzy psych-rock band. A French-Canadian band from Montreal, Quebec, whose lyrics are English. They releasd two albums. Both albums are ultra-rare and the music is comparable to Elias Hulk or Ellison with sledgehammer drums, furious fuzzy lead guitar and wasted vocals. By the second album the group had expanded to a four piece and become a little more progressive but still were as heavy as hell.
The first album leans very much towards hard rock with sledgehammer drums, thundering rhythm, furious guitar leads and wasted vocals. There's some nice woodwind on 'Come, Wake Up!', some pleasant mouth harp on 'Try' and some fuzzy guitar on 'Night Symphony' and 'Love Is A Game'; but overall the menu's heavy-handed bluesy hard rock. The first 45 was culled from this album. All the material was penned by Gratton, Rousseau and Trépanier. The lyrics are very much in the spin of their name, particularly the final cut. For hard rockers only!
Prior to their second album, Pierre Ouellette was added to the line-up. 'The End Of My Life' was more progressive than their first effort. The vocals are in the same wasted style as their first effort, but the instrumentation is usually more experimental and less heavy-handed. Their second 45 was taken from this album and probably comprised its best tracks.
2. SEX is a project of Gleb Ilouche aka the GAFL, ex-frontman of a russian rock band GitaryStereo. Currently, SEX is a synth-future-pop band, founded by Gleb Ilouche and Fred Kolesnikov of magic-pop project LAVANDA. Usually, their music contain a mix of glamour, new-wave romantics and the feelings of urban cityzen.
Being underground, however, they have found their place in the hearts of a wide listner, from oligarhic-like bohemian people deep to the underground electronic communities. No official singles or albums were released…
3. The Sex is a thrash punk band from Nashville Tennessee. The band consisted of Jake and Jamin Orall and Jesse Weilburg. The trio made four albums, all released on The Orall's personal label Infinity Cat Records before disbanding sometime around 2003. Both Jake And Jamin went on to play in Nashville art punk band be your own PET before leaving the group to form their current project, JEFF.
4. Japanese post-punk band circa 1979.
5. Sexclamation Point (stylized as Sex!), is a three piece swag band who are best known for their debut Christmas album Marshall's Holly Jolly Christmas Album.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.