There is more than one artist with this name:
Serpent is a Japanese Melodic Death Metal band with a very significant, overall Neo-Classical sound signature. They also got traces of the 80s HR/HM (Hard Rock/Heavy Metal), Japanese Pop from that same era and black metal. This all makes up for the unique sound that the band holds.
They began as a Heavy Metal band under the name "Awaken" in 1993 (in the veins of X Japan and Aion during the same period) but the members decided to re-name the band as "Serpent" after that their drummer (who also formed the band) "Keija" heard an In Flames album in 1994. They then wrote music in that same vein.
Their first, debut, full-length album "Cradle of Insanity" was released in 2005. Their latest album xGODx got released on the 20th of February, 2008.
They're split-up from 2000 to 2002, but they reformed in 2002 when Keija asked the Guitarist Aki to re-start the band.
Hiroki did feature on the March 2008's issue on YOUNG GUITAR. There he had an demonstration of the song "Cradle of Insanity" on the DVD and he also had an interview featured in the magazine.
The band's status is still unknown, but later their drummer Keija (in late 2010) announced a new musical project named Veiled in Scarlet (with Hiroki as well; shortly after their leave from Serpent) with similar sound as Serpent (but with new members). But in the same time he didn't announced the disbandment of Serpent (as the members "Hiro" and "Ken" are still member of it). This was because the label they're currently signed to, the Korean label Soundholic (but on the Japanese department in Japan), got cancelled and Keija was also withdrawn from the band in November 2008 because an issue of his physical condition got in his way. So the band went on hold/hiatus because of that. During the same year (2010) they'd finished their 3rd album but had no label to release it on, so the release ultimately got cancelled. Also, many of the unreleased songs that should have been released on Serpent's 3rd album were instead remade/remastered and released on Veiled in Scarlet's debut album "IDEALISM".
Ken - Vocals (2003-present)
Hiro - Bass (2002-present)
Keija - Drums, Keyboards (1993-2008 with the last live concert in Ruido Shibuya on the 29th of September)
Hiroki - Guitars (2003-2008 with the last live concert in Ruido Shibuya on the 29th of September)
Aki - Guitars (1993-2004)
Bloody Gates (Demo)
Lunar Eclipse (Single)
Cradle of Insanity (Full-length)
Pleasure Of Destruction (Split/Compilation/Omnibus)
xGODx Promo CD (EP/CD-R)
2. Serpent is polish Jazz-Pop supergroup with Jarek Spałek on vocals and trumpet, Bogusław Pietrzak on guitar, Andrzej Rusek on bas, Tadeusz Leśniak on keys, Adam Szuraja on drums and Jacek Owsianka on sax. All of them are famous polish session musicians. As Serpent they play very ambient mix of jazz, bossa nova, roku, rap, salsa and many more.
3. Serpent is also the name of a swedish Doom metal band which released two albums in '96 (In the Garden of Serpent) and '97 (Autumn Ride)
4. A 3-man-piece from Vänersborg, Sweden. Retro doom hard rock with bluesy stoner vibes. https://serpent.bandcamp.com/album/nekromant
5. A heavy/thrash metal band from Los Angeles, California, USA, formed in 2006.
6. A very energetic post-hardcore band with some dirty punk feel in it and lots of emotion. Formed in Barcelona in 2016, the band has released a 7 song demo, a full lenght called "Lluna Roja" and a 4 song EP called "Amb la rancúnia pròpia d'un lletraferit".
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.