Sentieri selvaggi is an ensemble formed by some of the best Italian musicians who came together in order to bring contemporary music to a large public.
How? By organizing concert seasons and performances, publishing books, recordings and videos, producing shows and performances of theatrical music, collaborating with jazz soloists, rock singers, actors, directors, writers, video-makers, painters, journalists, choreographers. Sentieri selvaggi’s experience is marked by a unique communicative method: the traditional program is replaced by a map made up of brief spoken introductions, in a radio-like style, before each piece, based on the conviction that no music is too difficult for a public without prejudice. Founded in 1997 by Carlo Boccadoro, Filippo Del Corno and Angelo Miotto, the ensemble debuted with a sold-out concert at the Teatro di Portaromana in Milan. After 10 years, Sentieri selvaggi has obtained important results:
- it has created close collaborations with composers like Philip Glass, Michael Nyman, David Lang, James MacMillan and Louis Andriessen, who have chosen Sentieri selvaggi for the execution of their music in Italy and as inspiration and receivers of their new works
- it is a regular guest at prestigious Italian musical events (Teatro alla Scala, Biennale di Venezia, Accademia Filarmonica Romana, Amici della Musica di Palermo), as well as at some of the most important cultural events in Italy (FestivaLetteratura/Mantova, Festival della Scienza/Genova, Festival RomaEuropa ) and at important international festivals (Bang On A Can Marathon/New York, SKIF Festival/SanPietroburgo, International Festival of Contemporary Music/Tashkent)
- since 2005 it has organized a festival which has become a contemporary music season with concerts, meetings, masterclasess. Each edition is centered on a specific theme: Parole (2005), Il femminile (2006), Diritto di… (2007), Conflitti (2008). The title of the 2009 edition is Musica leggera
- it has published books and recordings aimed at spreading the awareness of the music of our time: since 1999, the following CDs have been released: La Formula del fiore, Bad blood, Child, Acts of beauty, Hotel occidental and the book/CD sets Musica Cœlestis and La musica libera la mente. In 2006, the prestigious American label released AC/DC, an anthology of the ensemble’s most important pieces. In 2008 Il cantante al microfono con Eugenio Finardi solista was released by Velut Luna, it won the Tenca ’08 Prize.
- it has produced musical theater pieces including Orfeo a fumetti by Filippo Del Corno, L’uomo che scambiò sua moglie per un cappello by Michael Nyman, The Sound of a Voice by Philip Glass, which have received great public and critical acclaim.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.