You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
There is more than one artist with this name:
1) SebastiAn (born Sebastian Akchoté), employs a distinctive style which is nailing his name into the current French House scene with a score of releases, 'Smoking Kills (?)', 'H.A.L.', 'Ross Ross Ross' and his latest offering 'Motor'. A string of knockout remixes touched by himself include that of Annie, Daft Punk, Cut Copy, Benjamin Theves, Revl9n & label-mate Uffie - not to mention Kelis.
2) Sebastian was born and raised in the state "FOR LOVERS" Virginia. He was first introduce to music as a youth listening to his brother (which is one of the most influential producers in the music industry today, Timbaland) d-jaying and cutting up records like Big Daddy Kane's "Ain't No Half Stepping", Queen Latifah's "Ladies First", Eric B and Rakim etc. "I really was into sports back in the day and never would have thought music would be my path in life," said Sebastian. He attended Salem/Oscar Smith/Kellam High School where he first realized that music was more than hobby for him but a passion. "I remember I secretly would write rhymes in this green five subject notebook in class. The same notebook that u could find last night's homework or the note I was writing to the pretty ass girl sitting in the desk right in front of me with gap jeans on and halter top but couldn't build up enough courage to give her." The shy but nervous Sebastian reveal his secret to his brother's childhood friend Melvin also known as "Magoo". "I remember I was on the phone with my brother and I told him I think I want to be a rapper. He was like WHAT! ARE U SERIOUS!?" Still in disbelief he passed the news, along with the phone over to Magoo.
After spiting 16 bars to his brother's childhood friend Magoo, only left him with only one word to say "INCREDIBLE" After graduating high school, Sebastian took off with his brother on a tour with Ginuwine in the states. "Now thats where I really begun to mature at an early age," said Sebastian. "I was maybe 17 or 18 around all these women that were twice my age. I really think thats what made me how I am today. I'm a much laid back and a home body person. I feel like an old man now, I don't club much anymore or even go out cause I feel like I been there, done that." And with Ginuwine being at the peak of his career at the time, you could hear women from all ethnics screaming his name. "I have seen some of the baddest women (Physically and mentally) of all time in my lifetime. And now looking back, thats what I strongly believe made my expectations and standards so high towards women. I've seen the best of the best," said Sebastian. After the tour, Sebastian was put to the test of discipline and hard work to see if he had the potential to become this rapper he once dreamed about. "Damn I use to sit in the studio for freaking hours, almost full days, to nearly 3 years watching artist like Missy Elliot, Aaliyah, Eminem, just to name a few and of course the one I admire alot Jay-Z. I used to love it when Jay would come by the studio and work with my brother. Just watching him pace back and forth with no pen or pad coming up with hits like Jigga What Jigga Who. He came up with that song like in 30 minutes or maybe it was even 15. I used to think dude was a rapping machine."
After being put to the test it was time for Sebastian to step up to the plate to see if all those years in the studio paid off. He started out by writing a verse for his brother on the Timbaland & Magoo smash hit "We At It Again" off the Romeo Must Die Soundtrack. His brother was so impress with the verse he told him to write one for himself and record it. Sebastian's verse without a doubt easily made the cut which would give him his first introduction to the world followed by an appearance in the Timbaland & Magoo video "ALL Yall" featuring Tweet. But Sebastian really landed it big when he got his own little segment in the Timbaland & Magoo's "Cop That Disc" featuring Missy Elliot. And with a year of acting coaching under his belt, he landed his first role playing as a student in the Vanessa Middletons film "30 Years To Life." Sebastian eventually became his brother's personal ghost writer while still stashing some of the flashy rhymes and lyrics for himself. "I had got so good at it, that I took on the art of Jay-Z (no pen or pad)" said Sebastian. "I use to practice rapping like how I would normally talk in regular conversation. Because I was raise with a sarcastic mouth and alot of times my friends would be like damn u should put that in a song that was crazy what u just said. How ironically that same mouth that would keep me frequently visiting the principle office for talking back to my teachers in high school, would pay off in the long run LOL."
3) Sebastian is a Slovenian pop artist.
4) Knud Grabow Christensen (born Knud Torben Christensen on December 19, 1949), is known by the stage name Sebastian, as a Danish singer, guitarist and composer. Having worked the folk genre, he has become one of the most prominent pop/rock musicians in Denmark during the 70´s and 80´s, penning several classics like Rose. Later he shyed away from the rock scene and rock releases using his gifts on numerous films, tv scores and plays. He won a lifetime achievement award (IFPI´s Ærespris) at the Danish Music Awards of 2004.
6) Sebastian is also the name of a Dutch New Age artist. He has released two albums so far: Fata Morgana and Fata Morgana II. Both albums are published on the Sam Sam Music label.
7) Sebastian is band from Letohrad, Czech republic. Sebastian is formed in early 90's as hardcore band, they released their first album Snÿ o Marii (Dreams about Mary) in 1991; album contains hardcore songs with many experimental elements. Their second album Koně (Horses) released in 1993 and moves from hardcore to experimental rock. After thirteen years of hibernation, Sebastian restores activity in 2009.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.