11 Mar 2013, 18:50 by ev12
22 Mar 2012, 23:51 by nightside242The abdication of the throne in 2001 by Norwegian black metallers Emperor left a gaping hole within the realm of extreme metal. The trio went their separate ways, and after three successful records in five years with Zyklon, guitarist Samoth moved briefly on to Casey Chaos’ underwhelming Scum project before collaborating with fellow Scum member Cosmo to create The Wretched End. Inroads, the sophomore record from The Wretched End, continues on a path first tread eleven years ago with Zyklon’s debut, World ov Worms, anchoring the record in fearsome concoction of death and thrash metal that is as ruthless as ever.
In ‘Tyrant of the Mountain’, Inroads offers a scorching ingress for the uninitiated in just how lethal an injection of black metal to a death/thrash mixture can be, especially one that evokes equally the marks of Dew-Scented and 1349. The tyrannical, anti-human bile of ‘Deathtopian Society’ and ‘Fear Propaganda’ display more effectively than anything else the legacy of Zyklon…
25 Mar 2011, 07:32 by BurbotsRevenge
3 Jan 2011, 13:40 by Food_For_Cat
24 Dec 2010, 22:16 by devilsystem
2 Oct 2009, 10:31 by LueDotten
2 Aug 2009, 08:39 by Thelonious9Sat 1 Aug – Field Day 2009
My first Field Day so I'm not sure how it compares to previous years though I'm aware of history of grumbles about sound quality, weather, set clashes and toilet provision (toilet provision? Weren't they a band from the late '70s?).
So, what did I make of it, pros and cons?
A very strong line up and unlike many other festivals where all the expectation builds towards an overly dominant headliner, this had good bands all through. We arrived around 1.30 and had already missed some bands we'd liked to have seen.
A very eclectic line up too - makes a change to be able to choose between, pop, electronica and new folk rather than stage 1 - predictable guitar band, stage 2 - slightly less popular but equally predictable guitar band etc.
Musical highlights - our top four of the day were: Fanfarlo (OK, maybe a bit too much like Arcade Fire at times, but there are worse influences), Errors (our favourite of the day…
19 Jan 2007, 17:22 by dylanbluehttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9VHHS5F
01. OOIOO - Switch On (2:16)
02. Germlin - Watermelon Dude Zone (1:51)
03. Kamikatze - Kamikatze Attack! (1:24)
04. mclusky - Falco Vs. The Young Canoeist (2:12)
05. The Drones - The Cockeyed Lowlife Of The Highlands (3:41)
06. Lightning Bolt - 2 Morro Morro Land (3:43)
07. The Hunches - Compression (1:55)
08. Black Time - Panic Attacks (1:55)
09. Sabrepulse - Nintendokore (3:29)
10. The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster - Rise Of The Eagles (2:46)
11. Gay Against You - Dear Dairy (2:50)
12. The Hospitals - Happy Jack (2:07)
13. Kajun SS - I I I I Me Me Me Me (1:02)
14. DMBQ - Ohh! Baby (2:11)
15. Boris - The Woman on the Screen (2:38)
16. Coachwhips - ATM (1:04)
17. Pink & Brown - Soccermoms (1:02)
18. King Automatic - The Cowboy Of Tchernobyl (2:43)
19. Gojira - From Mars (2:24)
20. Scum - Deathpunkscumfuck (2:07)
21. Whirlwind Heat - Blue (2:23)
22. Cutting Pink With Knives - Hey, Cowboy (0:44)
23. Terror Visions - Blood Is Sweet But Semen Is Sweeter (1:11)
5 Jan 2007, 20:23 by geheza
8 Sep 2006, 08:31 by metalmickyWell as someone old enough to know better I managed to grab a few words and a signing with the legendary Samoth,
Emperor ScumZyklon last night. I also had a few word with the guys from Enslaved after the Arts Center gig where they did a post gig signing session. So I guess you are never to old to be a bit awe struck when you meet people who's art you have admired for a long time.
The gig was superb and I am looking forward to London on Tuesday. Hails to all the bands who played1349 Insomnium Zyklon Enslaved