12 May 1980 (age 37)
“Romina Arena” www.RominaArena.com (pronounced “A’ Rain a”) from the age of 4 until she was a teenager she was a Mouseketeer for Disney in Italy (during that time she was classically trained as a singer and dancer) and has been in the entertainment business all her life. Romina has overcome adversity to become a true Star. At the age of fifteen she suffered a vicious attack at the hands of a jealous entertainer in Italy having her vocal cords severed, rendering her comatose for many months. With true determination Romina not only survived the attack, but completely recovered to become an International star, gaining a five octave vocal range and selling over 4 million records over the lifetime of her career. Romina is the only known female “Tenorette” in the world. If there were such a thing as a female tenor, this would best describe her. Romina is the next International female Pop/Classical crossover phenomenon to conquer the world. She sings and speaks fluently in 10 different languages and writes all of her own material. A pioneer, although still at a young age she performs a genre of music known as POPERA/Classical Crossover, a very high end genre of music, but commercially accessible). She is a female singer with incredible power and is the female answer to Andrea Bocelli and or Josh Groban. She has performed with such POPERA artists as Andrea Bocelli, Alessandro Safina, Il Divo, Mario Frangoulis and also headlining the Celine Dion stage of the Colosseum of Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Romina writes and records music for film soundtracks and TV shows. She created the rock opera song “Satellite” as the theme song for Gotham Racing 2 (Recorded in English and Italian) a popular video game developed by Microsoft which sold over 1.4 million copies. Romina is currently working on her autobiography, and a major motion picture about her remarkable inspiring life story is currently being developed by a two time Oscar award winning producer. Several other movie and television projects are also in the works. She recently signed a multiple publishing deal with Linden/Quill Driver Books and will be releasing her first book in 2014 worldwide. Most recently Romina has reunited with her long time mentor Oscar winning film composer Maestro Ennio Morricone who chose her over many other major artists to write and sing lyrics to his most famous movie scores of all time. After 20 years in the making the duo collaborated on their new album together “Morricone.Uncovered and was released September 2012 on Perseverance Records.
Here are some recent awards “Romina Arena” received:
1) On Sunday February 28th Romina received an award in NYC from: “Orphans International Worldwide” the “2010 Global Citizenship Award” for Leadership in Helping Humanity in Association with the United Nations for her work with children in Haiti.
2) May 17th, Romina performed at the Italian Embassy in Washington DC for the National Chapter of the “American Red Cross” and the “Tiffany Circle Summit” to a standing ovation.
3) Saturday June 19th Romina performed for the “ARTS OLYMPUS GALA” aboard the “Queen Mary” to a sold out crowd and received the “2010 WORLD ARTS OLYMPUS HUMANITARIAN ARTISTS AWARD”
4) Romina received the “GODDESS ARTEMIS AWARD” from EAWC “Euro American Women’s Council” in Greece July 2010
5) On September 18, 2010, Bologna Italy, Romina received one of the highest award honors in Italy “The Tricolor Globe Award” an award representing Excellence and Humanities Efforts. (The equivalent to the American Oscars in stature)
6) November 13, 2010 Miami FL won the “CSNA Award” from the “Confederation of Sicilians of North America” for Best Female Artist in North America.
7) On January 29, 2012 in Syracusa Italy she received the “Premio Sicilia Award” for “most famous Sicilian artist in the world”.
1994 “Una Vita Senza Vita” from San Remo Nuovi Talenti (New Talent) Festival Compilation – Italy
1994 “You’re The Only One” Peter Ciani Music – Australia (Single)
1994 “As Beautiful as You” CP Productions/BMG - Germany
1995 “As Beautiful as You” CP Productions/BMG - Australia
2001 “Subaru” Design House/Toshiba/EMI Records - Japan
2003 “Romina Arena” for Miller’s Gin – Miller Sprits - USA & UK (Premium)
2003 “Satellite” Sound Track from X Box Video Game “Project Gotham Racing 2” Microsoft Game Studios – USA/Italy/International
2004 “Romina Arena” American Entertainment Records– USA
2006 "You're Gonna Hear from Me" Outback Records – USA
2006 “Cuerpo Sin Alma” (Spanish) Outback Records – USA
2008 "Believe" NMG Records (Single)
2009 "A Joyful Christmas" NMG Records
2010 "Romanza" (The Love Collection, Limited Edition) - NMG Records
2010 "How Do You Keep the Music Playing" NMG/Macs Records - Italy/USA (Single)
2011 "A Mother's Prayer" NMG Records (Single)
2011 "Arthur's Theme" (The Best That You Can Do) NMG Records (Single)
2011 "Life" NMG Records
2012 “Morricone*Uncovered” Perseverance Records
2012 “Il Sogno Che Sognai” from “Les Miserables” Italian addition Perseverance Records (Single)
2013 "Romanza" (The Love Collection, Limited Edition) Re-release with new bonus tracks January 8, 2013 - NMG Records
2013 “Subaru” “スバル” ” Romina Sings Japanese” released January 8, 2013 - NMG Records
2013 "The Best of Silent Hill" single "I Want Love" - Perseverance Records
2014 “I Knew The Score” to be released - Perseverance Records
2015 “Premonition” to be released
2014 “Where Did They Film That? Italy” to be released – Quill Driver/ Linden Publishing
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.