There are more than one artist with this name:
1) Robin Packalen (born as Robin Petteri Packalen on August 24, 1998 in Turku, Finland) is a famous Finnish pop singer. His musical history goes back to when he was 10 years old. He won the national singing contest Staraskaba in 2008. In 2009, he represented Finland at the New Wave Junior Contest in Moscow, which was followed by about 100 million viewers.
On 16 January 2012 Robin released his first official single “Frontside Ollie” composed by Maki Kolehmainen, Jimi Constantine, Sana Mustonen, Bernard Grobman and Tracy Lipp. It enjoyed instant success and based on digital downloads debuted at number five on the Finnish Singles Chart. The single topped the Finnish Singles Chart in its second and third week of release staying at the top for 2 consecutive weeks. After falling from the top, it came back to the top a second time, spending yet two more consecutive weeks at number 1 for a total of 4 weeks at the top of the Finnish Singles Chart.
Based on the success of the single, on 22 February 2012, Koodi, the debut album of Robin was released. It sold quintuple platinum in Finland, meaning over 100,000 records. The album includes the singles “Frontside Ollie”, “Faija skitsoo” and “Hiljainen tyttö”. On October 5, 2012 he released his second studio album Chillaa. The album topped the Finnish Albums Chart right after being published and its first single “Puuttuva palanen” received nearly three and a half million YouTube views before the beginning of February 2013. “Puuttuva palanen” features Brädi, a Finnish rap artist who tells a story about his youth. The album also includes the singles “Luupilla mun korvissa” and “Haluan sun palaavan”.
Robin's first two albums are one of the most popular pop albums in Finland and his third album Boom Kah was released in October 2013. The album hit platinum status on the date of release. It was the most sold album in Finland in 2013. He also became the most googled person in Finland that year and he had over twenty million video views and a sold out autumn tour in Turku and Helsinki.
The music video for single "Onnellinen" was released on Feb 7, 2014. The video was shot entirely in the Puerto Plata Province of the Dominican Republic. It was directed by director Jaakko Manninen, and former Death Row Records producer Tracey Cuesta. Director of photography was Kusti Manninen and location manager Leonardo Cuesta. Local production services provided by dominican republic production support services. The video was commissioned by Universal Music to Tunne Productions.
2) Robin is a 14 year old Dutch singer, that was supposed to participate in the Junior Songfestival 2020 with her song "Mee". On the day of the final, she tested positive for COVID-19 forcing her to withdraw from the competition.
3)Esa Kari Simonen (born November 3, 1944), using artist name Robin, is a Finnish singer-songwriter who made his debut in the Helsinki Olympic Games in 1952. Robin was popular in 60’s with songs as “Mua onnitelkaa”, “Prinsessa”, “Simo sanoo sen”. Most popular hit from Robin is called “Vuonna 2525” (1969), cover of Zager and Evans’ song “In The Year 2525”. Robin ended his active singing career in 1971, when he set his focus to be a gymnastics teacher. Robin was the one, who brought aerobic to Finland. His latest album is from the year 1999, Robin ykkönen.
4) Japanese psychobilly band formed in 2001, from the Ashes of The Monster A Go Go’s by Hiroshi, the band’s name came from a song of them “Batman & Robin”.
5) Robin born on February 17, 1988 in Stuttgart, Germany. His breakthrough was with his most known song “Merci pour les fleures”. Today Robin is working on his new album - “Merci dass es dich fleurt”.
Robin was a recurring guest of his uncle Kermit at the theatre in which The Muppet Show took place. Notable appearances include a duet with monster Sweetums and nearly being cooked by the Swedish Chef. He also sang a song in the first season, “Halfway Down the Stairs,” a poem by A.A. Milne set to music. A recording of this song reached the Top Ten in the UK.
7) Robin are a two-piece stoner/doom metal band from Palmerston North, New Zealand. They have two releases available for free download from their bandcamp: http://robin.bandcamp.com/
8) The recorded call of the species Erithacus rubecula.
9) Robin is a dutch singer, who was a finalist at Junior Songfestival 2020 (Dutch National Final for Junior Eurovision). She was unable to perform at the final due to testing positive for COVID-19.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.