2001 – present (21 years)
Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- Bernie Versailles (2001 – present)
- Chris Quirarte (2002 – present)
- Corey Brown (2001 – 2001)
- Greg Hosharian (2008 – present)
- James Sherwood (2002 – 2006)
- Jason Rullo (2001 – 2002)
- Nicolas van Dyk
- Ray Alder (2005 – present)
- Rick Mythiasin (2001 – 2005)
- Sean Andrews (2006 – present)
There are at least 7 artists with the name Redemption:
1) Redemption is at the forefront of the US progressive metal scene. Founded by guitarist / songwriter Nick Van Dyk, Redemption features legendary vocalist Ray Alder of Fates Warning, guitarist Bernie Versailles of Agent Steel, bassist Sean Andrews and drummer Chris Quirartewho is also in the progressive metal band Prymary.
After releasing their eponymously titled debut release in 2003 on Sensory Records (a release which featured guest appearances from Mark Zonder of Fates Warning and Jason Rullo and Michael Romeo from Symphony X), van Dyk made a significang statement with 2005's follow-up, The Fullness of Time, the first CD featuring Alder as a full-time band member and featuring the production of Tommy Newton (UFO, Conception, Helloween). Garnering acclaim from the press and the public, The Fullness of Time cemented Redemption position as an up-and-coming force in progressive metal.
In 2006 the band signed a multi-album worldwide deal with Inside Out Music, and in 2007 released its third CD, The Origins of Ruin, again produced by Newton. After headlining the Headway Festival in Amsterdam, the band embarked on a five-week North American tour as direct support for Dream Theater. Playing for thousands of fans a night and establishing a reputation as a compelling live act in addition to a top studio group, Redemption's momentum is building.
Up next is a performance at the 2007 ProgPower Festival, from which a live DVD will be made, and then a return to the studio for the follow-up to The Origins of Ruin.
Ray Alder (vocals)
Nicolas van Dyk (guitars, keyboards)
Bernie Versailles (guitars)
Sean Andrews (bass)
Chris Quirarte (drums)
Rick Mythiasin - Vocals on self-titled album
Corey Brown - Vocals, performed live only
Jason Rullo - Drums on self-titled album
Mark Zonder - Drums on one track on self-titled album
James Sherwood - Bass on The Fullness of Time
Redemption (2003, Sensory Records)
The Fullness of Time (2005, Sensory Records)
The Origins of Ruin (2007, Inside Out Music)
2) Redemption redeems the Goth Rock tradition started by The Sisters of Mercy and Mission UK. Formed in 1996 and surviving many lineup changes, Redemption is driven by the vision of front man and guitarist Miah. Joined by Ashe on guitar and Jesse on bass, the trio is poised to lead the Goth Rock revival.
The first full-length album Home, released May of 2005, is Redemption's follow up to the successful 2003 EP, the further we fall. Reviews have been published in Salt Lake Underground, Gothic Beauty, Mick Mercer's The Mick, Starvox, Sick Among the Pure, Shadowplay (Russian), and Gothic Paradise, to name a few. Compilation appearances include: Dark Arts Festival 2002 Compilation CD, 2004 Dark Arts Festival Compilation, SLUG Magazine's Death by Salt II, and Strobelight Records' New Dark Age vol. 4.
The band's charisma and enthusiasm on stage, mixed with mysterious smoke and dramatic lighting effects, make Redemption's live shows a unique experience. Notable performances include Long Beach, Hollywood, Boise, Seattle, Spokane, and in Salt Lake City at the Dark Arts Festivals 2001-2006. Redemption has played with such bands as: Apocalypse Theatre, Voltaire, David J, Bella Morte, Claire Voyant, Human Drama, The Azoic, The Cruxshadows, The Deep Eynde, Mors Syphilitica, Machinegun Symphony, Carphax Files, Tragic Black and many more.
3) Redemption is a Christian hardcore band from Richmond, Virginia. The band features former members of Ten 33 and Skylines, although musically ventures away from either of those bands. Comparisons have been made to Outspoken and Strife, but with an updated perspective.
4) REDEMPTION is a band from indonesia , performed in february 09 with no doubt to be a fuckin move band basic from their experience. their genre actually is southern rock but they mixed with thrash and hardcore so they could take something different in their music , and they trust to vision from our life no more fuckin discrimination no fuckin mess with the united and no more fuckin mess with WARZAM because!!!!! UNITED WE STAND ILHAM(vocal) BINTANG(guitar) DADAN(guitar) BOKIR(bass) LUGI(drum)
5) Redemption was also a Hardcore Straightedge band from Rome, Italy in the late 1990s
6) Redemption is a Hardcore Punk band from Odessa, Ukraine, that sounds akin to The Offspring, Reason To Believe, Dag Nasty: http://redemptionoc.bandcamp.com/
7) Redemption was an early 90s Gothrock band from Manchester. https://www.discogs.com/artist/147226-Redemption-3
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.