Hollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States
There are many (14) artists using this name:
1) Pluto from Portugal is a rock band, which emerged from the splitting up of Ornatos Violeta in 2002, in which Manel Cruz (frontman, vocalist and guitarist) and Peixe (guitarist) played. The other elements are Eduardo (bass guitar) and Ruka (drums). Their first album, "Bom Dia" (Good Morning), was released in 18 October 2004, entering straight to the 6th place of the Portuguese chart. On "Bom Dia", they display a harsher, more straight-forward rock'n'roll sound than their predecessors.
2) Pluto was the early to mid-90s techno/club alias (and band) of Rolo McGinty, previously of the British Rock Band "The Woodentops". As Pluto, he relased one album, 1996's "Rising" which contains a couple of exemplary deep, tracky, heady tunes. (http://fragsrus.net/badapple/Plutomusic.html) <<< mp3s
3) Pluto is Petter Espen Guthe, a Norwegian composer and multi-instrumentalist. He produced 2 records in the early 80s, Voyage into a Dreamer's Mind in 1980 and Ouverture in 1982. On both lps he was aided by Gunnar Berg-Nielsen on drums and percussion. Rune Mangen and Wenche Kjærstad helped with lyrics and vocals on Voyage. Jomar Johansen played synthesizers and saxophone and Knut Meyn played flute on Ouverture. 10 tracks on each lp. Both on Strawberry Records, a Norwegian label.
4) Pluto from New Zealand is a rock band, consisting of:
* Milan Borich (vocals, guitar)
* Tim Arnold (vocals, guitar)
* Michael Franklin Browne (drums)
* Matthias Jordan (keyboards)
* Mike Hall (bass)
They have released an EP debut in 2000 "A1 A2", as well as three albums: "Red Light Syndrome" in 2001, "Pipeline Under the Ocean" in 2005 and "Sunken Water" in 2007. Three of the songs from the album "Pipeline Under The Ocean": "Long White Cross", "Dance Stamina" and "Radio Crimes" were radio hits. It was re-released in 2006 with the videos for these songs.
5) Pluto was a Canadian band active from 1993-1999, and based out of Vancouver BC. Originally a power pop group, their later albums adopted a harder edged sound. Some of their most popular tracks include "Black Lipstick", "When She Was Happy", and "Out Of My System". Members were
- Ian Jones - Guitar, Vocals
- John Ounpuu - Bass, Vocals
- Rolf Hetherington - Guitar
- Justin Leigh - Drums
6) Pluto from Denmark is an indie band, singing in their own language. They have released three albums, debut "Forfra" (2002), " Støv eller støj" (2003) and "Ingen ved hvorhen" (2006). Pluto formed in 1999 in Copenhagen by Sub Rosa members, Thomas Thomsen & Janne Lorentzen. Plutos focused from the outset on mellow dansk indie pop. From ’99 til ’01 Pluto had lineup changes, recorded 3 demos and played live. In march 2002 they debuted with ’forfra’. The eleven songs were recorded during 9 days – and the album was critically acclaimed. The 2 singles ’forfra’ & ’knus’ both stayed for 8 weeks on the alternative radio chart "Det elektrisk barometer" and ’knus’ was represented on "Music From Denmark", a danish presentation release for the MIDEM fair in Cannes. Pluto played the Roskilde Festival in 2002 and Vibration and was joined by Ronni Pedersen on dm and keyb.. The following album ’støv eller støj’, was released 8/9 2003, and like ’forfra’ it was recorded in Black Tornado Studiet on Holmen with Morten Bue. The album was more versatile yet still sharpened their sound . Both albums came on Display Records - a coop between Pluto, Diefenbach og Geisha. In the spring of 2003 Thomas Thomsen og Janne Lorentzen laid vocals to the song ’Living Room’ on David Kosteljanetz’ album ’One Night Only’. Pluto played Spot 09 in Århus 2009.
7) Pluto from Hungary is an alternative-rock band from Budapest, started in 2004. The sound is indie-guitar rock with a folk-punk kick and rock and roll spirit. They have released two albums: "Oda se neki itt a Pluto" (2004) and "Klub Vittula" (2006). The songs are stories of Budapest.
8) Pluto is a Czech rapper, winner of MC contest ChallengeMeInRap (Utkejsevrapu).
9) Pluto Shervington, also known as Pluto (born Leighton Shervington, 13 August 1950, Kingston, Jamaica), is a reggae musician, vocalist, engineer and producer.
10) Pluto is a progressive boogie rock band from the UK that released one self-titled album in 1971.
11) Pluto is another band from Hungary from Berettyóújfalu. They are a punk-rock band. They have a demo tape called Úton-útfélen (2004) and two albums: Marhák és csirkék (2005), Szabadesés (2007)
12) Pluto is also a punk rock band from Curitiba, Brazil. One of the best Curitiba bands ever, they're exponents of the 'soft terrorism' source and have a split album (with the band Ornitorrincos) out by L-Dopa records.
13) Pluto was a czech band being a part of the scene called "the brno alternative" (for example another band Dunaj). they played progressive and very inovative kind of alternative rock. Often polyrhythmic patterns played by Pavel Fajt and palyful lyrics sung by Václav Bartoš are characteristic for the band. See also Pluto (CZ) and Pavel Fajt & Pluto.
14) Pluto SF Bay Area band featuring Ralph Carney (ex-Tom Waits), Dave Slusser (John Zorn's band) & Marc Weinstein. Released 1994s Shoehorse Emerging.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.