12 June 1977 (age 41)
Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
Paul Kalkbrenner (1977) is a producer, DJ and actor from Berlin, Germany. He is signed to the famous Bpitch control label founded by Ellen Allien.
Starting as a trumpet player and studying music theory, Kalkbrenner later switched to electronic music. In 1999 he released his first tracks under the name of Paul dB+. As a live act, he performs using Ableton Live in combination with midi controllers and hardware synthesizers.
In 2008 he composed the sountrack for the German movie Berlin Calling in which he also is the leading actor. The theme song Sky and Sand, featuring his brother Fritz Kalkbrenner ended up in various European charts.
More information and music on Paul’s MySpace:
A short chronology:
* lessons in trumpet and music theory
* first performances at an east berlin youth club
* dj at walfisch, exit/kitchen, vereinsheim, praxis dr. mc coy, halle weissensee
* buys his first production equipment
* editor, operator and producer at the german tv stations ard, zdf, rtl, premiere
* plays all over the world
* filmproject "BERLIN CALLING"
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.