There is more than one artist with this name:
1) Pacific is drum'n'bass duo Matt Cox and Mark Soo from Vancouver, Canada. Matt also DJs a variety of genres under the name.
2) Pacific was an electronic indiepop band from the UK that released records and EPs on Creation Records as well as a split flexi with My Bloody Valentine on Catalogue.
1. Barnoon Hill (1988 UK Creation Records)
2. Sea Of Sand EP (1988 UK Creation Records)
3. Shrift (1989 UK Creation Records)
4. Inference (Scarce 1990 UK Creation Records)
3) Pacific is a Piano-led Alternative/Indie/Rock band from Cheshire, UK. Current singles include; 'Dream of Mine', 'She Demands', 'Gods Dance' and most recently 'Time to Forget', which reaped their first radio play on BBC Radio 1 from Huw Stephens.
4) Pacific is the brainchild of Los Angeles-based musicians and songwriters Dean Collins (lead vocals) and Daniel Pashman (guitar). Having met in middle school and grown up together, Collins and Pashman have always shared musical interests, and Pacific's current sound reflects great appreciation for their varied tastes, from Weezer, to The Strokes, to Coldplay. The two long-time friends began writing songs together one year ago; now, having recruited Erik Groysman (bass and harmonies) and David Ely (drums) to the outfit, the band is testing the waters of the Los Angeles music scene, with their debut album, "As We Got Older" to be released this year. Of their writing process, Collins says, "Daniel comes up with the music, and I come up with the lyrics and melodies.” "As We Got Older" address the themes of heartbreak and growing up. With live performances booked and a web presence established, Pacific are ready to share their California feel-good vibe with the world, gathering admiring fans along the way. "
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.