You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
Ocean is a singer-songwriter whose electic pop music spans from entrancing to danceable funk.
Her vocal ability is intense, her range of songwriting impressive.
Sometimes like a female Al Green and a Debby Harry, and at other times more like Evanescence or Sting, Ocean's artistry puts her in that elite camp that is held only by a few who can sing as well as they write songs.
Ocean's debut CD, Mermaid Music is to be followed by her next release in the spring of 2007, Ocean.(http://www.OceanMusic.com).
There are also plenty of bands named Ocean.
- 1970s Canadian gospel-rock band with albums Put Your Hand in the Hand and Give Tomorrow's Children One More Chance.
- A Czech synthi-pop band Ocean (http://ocean.musichall.cz/), very popular in the end of 80's and begin of 90's.
- There also was a 90s jazz project that released Au Pied, La Mer! in 1998.
- In Switzerland Ocean has been a folkrock-formation around Henri Huber. The band was founded in the early seventies in Bern and performed until the late eighties, releasing several albums. In 1994 a best-of album containing also two totally new recorded songs was published.
- Now you can listen to a Polish band called Ocean, too(http://www.ocean.art.pl). It's a rock band from the city of Wroclaw that became quite popular after releasing their third album "Niecierpliwy dostaje mniej" in early 2006. The style on that record is often considered "hitty pop", but the hard guitar riffs still reminds that Ocean is one of the best polish rock bands of the new wave.
- None of the above are to be confused with Berlin's The Ocean, although they are compared to as Ocean of Portland.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.