1 December 1925
22 March 2007 (aged 81)
Nisar Bazmi - Music Composer Of Pakistan
Nisar Bazmi brought a new flavor into the music world of Pakistan. His tunes mainly had urban touch to them, unlike the musicians from Punjab. He also gave many new singers to the industry, Alamgir being one of them. Masterpieces: Shama Aur Parwana, Umra o Jaan Ada and Aisa Bhi Hota Hai. The famous duo of composers Laxmikant-Pyarelal were musicians of Nisar Bazmi in India before partition and later they became great music composers.
Pride of Pakistan, Syed Nisar Ahmed, is the son of Syed Qudrat Ali. He was born in 1924 in Khandesh, Naseerabad, Bombay, India. He did not belong to an artistic family. Hence he possessed no prior musical background. The extraordinary talents of the young genius never ringed as true as they did in 1937. Prominent Indian musician of Bombay, Khan Saheb Aman Ali Khan was convinced by Nisar Bazmi's musical interest and taught him music. Equipped with artistic know-how, young Nisar Bazmi, who was just 13 at the time, quickly mastered the various ragas, the musical instruments and took all music lessons to heart. The tremendous aptitude of this youth were there, just waiting to be used. In 1939, the "All India Radio" hired him as an artist, which later proved to be a steppingstone for his future aspirations. The magic moment came in the year 1944 when he composed some songs for a drama, "Nadir Shah Durrani", which was broadcast from the Bombay Radio Station. All the songs of afore mentioned drama were super hits. A new Indian film producer at that time was moved by Nisar Bazmi's composition.
Hence the afore mentioned producer asked Nisar Bazmi to compose the songs for his film "Jamana Paar", which was released in 1946. Nisar accepted the offer. At this time he also changed his name to Nisar Bazmi. He dived into his new task with zeal. Thus a legend was born, whose fabulous music were soon to be heard across the Sub-continent. Nisar Bazmi soon achieved maturity and professional recognition. Before partition. He composed the music for forty films. Twenty eight films were released during his stay in India. The rest of the movies were released in India after he immigrated to Pakistan. During meeting Pakistan's renowned music composer, Nisar Bazmi, had said: Noor Jehan is unrivaled - Noor Jehan is incomparable. He also composed many hit songs for Runa Laila, Ahmed Rushdi, Mehdi Hassan, Faisal Nadeem and Saleem Shahzaad. Nisar Bazmi received many Nigar Awards for his achievements. Nisar Bazmi introduced many playback singers like Runa Laila and Saleem Shehzad for lollywood film industry.
1. Nigar award for best composer for the film "Saiqa" in 1968.
2. Nigar award for best composer for the film "Anjuman" in 1970.
3. Nigar award for best composer film "Meri zindigi hai naghma" in 1972.
4. Nigar award for best composer film "Khaak aur khoon" in 1979.
5. Nigar award for best composer for the film "Hum aik hain" in 1986.
Most of the master composers are no more alive in Pakistan or across the border. Master Ghulam Haider, Feroz Nizami, Rashid Attre, Khurshid Anwar, G. A. Chishti, Master Anayet Hussain, Master Abdullah, A. Hameed, Nashad, Kamal Ahmad, M. Ashraf etc. are all part of our cultural history. He says: "The throw of words by Noor Jehan remains unmatched. She was the first singer to bring expression to film music. She could render love songs, compositions depicting joy, sadness, tragedy with facility of movement." Saying this, he uttered a prayer for her. Mentioned here below are the five films, whose songs were composed by Nisar Bazmi. During his stay in India. These films were released before partition: "Jamana Paar", "Jabe Katra", "Dagha baaz dost", "Extra girl", "Khauf naak Aankhein". Nisar migrated to Pakistan on June 21, 1962. Once permanently settled in Pakistan, he resumed his music career by simultaneously composing songs for two movies. Director Raza Mir's movie "Lakhoan mein aik's" mega hit songs extols the virtues of Nisar's top rated composition. Nisar had literally built a phenomenal career on being cordial. He had fulfilled himself artistically and personally. His superfluous composition in director S.Sulaiman's film "Aag" brought him to the fore- front of the Pakistani cinema. Composers with exceptional qualities like Nisar Bazmi are as scarce as hen's teeth. As for his music prowers, it cannot be measured with a yardstick.
He also composed anthems for the Pakistan Navy. Nisar Bazmi Sahib also wrote poetry, which have been published in book form by his student Faisal Latif who emerged as a versatile singer. The name of his book is "Phir Saz Sada Khamosh Huwa."
Bazmi sahib teaches music to up-and-coming youngsters, but only Faisal Latif has managed to become somewhat popular. When asked why his students like Shafiq-ur-Rehman, Tanveer Afridi, Shabana and Shazia Kausar are unable to reach the top, he says, “My job was to train them, which I did. Now it is up to the musicians to utilize them as I am sure they have the talent to be the best.” When asked if our youth going in the right direction, Bazmi sahib feels that it is because of our youths' lack of interest that our music is not what it used to be.
“A youngster today doesn't want to be taught like the legendary singers. His only interest is to become rich and famous in a short time, which is certainly the wrong way.”
Nisar Bazmi Composition
1. Ranjis hi sahi dil hi dukhane kelye aaa - Ghazal
2. Dil Dharke Me Tum Se Yeh Kese: Runa Laila
3. Ik husn ki devi say mujhay pyar hua tha: Mehdi Hasan Film Meri zindigi hai naghma
4. Ik Sitm Aur Meri Jaan Abhi Jaan Baqi Hai: Mehdi Hassan
5. In Ki Nazroo Se Muhabat Ka Jo Pegam Mila
6. Ham Chale To Hamere Sang Sang Nizare Chale: Ikhlaq Ahmed
7. Barie mushkil sai huwa tera mera saath piya: Noor Jehan
8. Haalat badal nahin saktey: Noor Jehan
9. Chalo acha huwa tum bhool gayey: Noor Jehan
10. Dil diya dard liya aankh mein ansoo Mehdi Hassan
11. Halaat badal naheen sakte Film Lakhon mein aik Noor Jehan
12. Sun Saajna, dukhi mann ki pukar Film Lakhon mein aik Noor Jehan
13. Mere dil ki mehfil saja dene waley Film Andleeb, Rushdi/ Noor Jahan
14. Mora jiya na lage bin teri yard Film Pyar hi pyar, Ustad Amanat Ali
15. Pyar kar ke ham bohat pachtae Film Andleeb Noor Jehan
16. Ho tamanna aur kaya jan-e-tammana Film Aisa bhi hota hai
17. Kuch kog rooth ker bhi lagtey hein Film Andleeb, Ahmed Rushdi
18. Beete dinno ki yaadon ko Film Aag Noor Jehan
19. Laga Hai Misr Ka Bazaar Dekho: Mehdi Hassan's Film Tehzeeb
20. Saathi kaha ho, awaaz to do: Mujeeb Alam Lakhon mein aik
21. Yeh din bachpan ke sathi jeevan ke Film Pyar hi pyar, Mehdi Hasan
22. Yadash bakheir bachpan mein Film Anjuman, Ahmed Rushdi
23. Lag rahi hei mujhe aaj sari faza Film Anjuman, Ahmed Rushdi
24. Hussan ko ishq ka salaam Film Taj Mehal
25. Ik najoomi ne kaha hei Film Be Wafa, Rushdi/ Mala
26. Mera iman mohabbat hei mohabbat ki qasam Film Nag Mini, Mehdi Hasan
27. Bhabhi meri bhabhi tum jiyo Film Anjuman, Ahmed Rushdi
28. Gesuon ke aanchal mein kya rang Film Andleeb, Ahmed Rushdi
29. Mohabbat mein tere sar ki qasm Ahmad Rushdi Film
30. Asa bhi hota hai Man mandir kai devta: Noor Jehan
31. Bibi jee salam bunda hei ghulam Film Dushman, Ahmed Rushdi
32. Lo janaza chala mohabbat ka Film Laila Majnoon, Masood Rana
33. Agar tum bura na mano ik baat Film Mulaqat, Rushdi/ Noor Jahan
34. Yoon zindigi ki raha mein: Mehdi Hasan
35. Mausum haseen hai laykin: Ahmed Rushdi-Mala
36. Aap dil ki Anjuman mein: Runa Laila
37. Izhar bhi mushkil hai: Noor Jehan
38. Pyar ki Aag, nigahoan mein chupaye rakhna: Naheed Akhtar Film Talaash
39. Boal ri gurya boal zara: Nayyara Noor Film Aas
40. Meri marzi mein gaoon gi: Runa Laila Film Aas
41. Mera pyar teray jiwan kay sung rahay ga: Mehnaz-Mehdi Hasan Film Pehchaan
42. Jaan-e-mun Aaj tu jo paas nahi hai: Mehdi Hasan Film Waqat Ki Pukar
43. Tum ho haseen,iqraar karo: Ahmed Rushdi Film Waqat Ki Pukar
44. Saajna ray naina barsay, jeeya tarsay: Noor Jehan Film Naag Muni
45. Mun mein uthi nai tarang": Noor Jehan: Noor Jehan Film Naag Muni
46. Tujhe apne dil se kaisay bhula doon Film Naag Muni
47. Aisay bhi hain meherbaan: Ahmed Rushdi Film Jaisay jaantay nahi
48. Ye mehfil jo aaj saji hai:Tahira Syed
49. Agar koi puchay baharoan ka mutlab: Ahmed Rushdi-Runa Laila
50. Ae baharo gawah rehna: Ahmed Rushdi-Mala
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.