Nebelhexë is the moniker of multi-talent Andréa Nebel, who is a recording artist, writer, actress, film script-writer, model… and everything inbetween…
She is mainly 'infamous' for her long time involvement in the urban art/ counter culture and alternative music scene. She loves to explore the deep and darker sides of life… and enjoys the company of eccentrics of all kinds.
Her influences come from the 80’s Gothic, New Wave and British pop culture. Nebelhexe songs have been used for movies and TV - such by Hollywood director Scott Derrickson, for Vampire Diaries, the movie ’Regression’ amongst others.
She also wrote various songs for film/performance. Her next personal albums will no longer be under the moniker Nebelhexe but as Andréa Nebel. Also check out her new sinister project Aghast Manor and her Spoken Words. Her real name is Andrea Haugen. She lives in London.
- Andréa Nebel explores dark art, her songs focus on shadow aspects of human nature and deep emotions, often based on personal experiences.
- Her influences are: Wild personal experience, the dark and surreal, narcotic and erotic visions, loneliness, the forbidden, the secrets we keep, childhood and hardships…
- Andréa is mainly known and appreciated for her music (Nebelhexe, Aghast Manor, Andréa Nebel, her cult project Aghast, plus various soundtracks used for films), but also for her acclaimed writings and visual works, often she likes to combine multi-media.
- She wants to focus more on films and acting in the future.
- These days she writes fiction based on her own bad experiences and dark erotic visions. She loves to explore the forbidden and unknown, the dark psychology of human nature. Writing fiction, mysteries and crime novels, poems and film scripts, is her true joy and talent, she sais.
- Andréa is a 100% artist and entrepreneur. She loves to re-invent herself and find new challenges, and encourages her fans to free thought and individuality.
Quote by Andréa- ”I have learned a lot over the past years and evolved greatly. I particularly learned what NOT to do as an artist. I don’t want to be known for this or that theme I might have done in the past, and I don’t want to have a label on my forehead. I want to be known for being an artist, a person who loves to explore, goes her own way and is not afraid to stand alone."
"I realised that personal art comes from within. It speaks to everyone, it goes beyond fasades and ideologies, it just connects to the pain of the heart that everyone knows in their own way. I had to learn early in life to fight, and I'm not afraid to do so. I like to connect to individuals that also have the darkness inside and that experienced hardships… ”
Learn more at: www.andreanebel.com
Privately Andrea is into Quantum Physics, Buddhistic wisdom, Paleo lifestyle and Kickboxing. Read her new book "Simply Exceptional! How to make it YOUR Way" here:
Follow her on twitter here: www.twitter.com/AndreaNebel
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.