At least six bands have/had the name Murmur, including:
1) Northwest, UK-based dub techno duo Murmur, "possibly the most self-restrained and least derivative operators in dub techno right now, and over the course of a handful of scarce twelves they've slowly gestated a frayed hybrid of minimal construction and fathomless bass that has less in common with the hallowed Basic Channel axis then the work of most of their contemporaries."
3) Murmur, a loose acoustic drone ensemble of New Orleans who play tone/space improvisations based on a single note. Originally founded by potpie and recording on the Backporch Revolution label, the membership changes with each performance/recording and has contained anywhere from two to twelve members.
4) Experimental black metal (originally)/progressive metal/zeuhl (later) from Chicago, Illinois, USA, founded in 2007. Released their debut, Mainlining the Lugubrious, in 2010. Second, self-titled album, demonstrating a substantially changed style with influence from acts like Magma, early Genesis, and King Crimson (the last of whom is covered for the album's final track), released in 2014 (page at Murmur).
5) Murmur, alternative rock band from Leicester, England.
6) MŪRMŪR, a Russian band consisting of Misha Mishenko (composer), Artemiy Chirs (vocals) and Alexander Morgunov (drums). In 2017 released their debut album RAD.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.