There is more than one artist with this name:
1) Mom is the midi-rock diary project of an anonymous woman living in the Greater Toronto Area. Equally influenced by lo-fi emo, obnoxious queer electropunk, and laid-back girl rap, Mom has been sporadically updating a personal blog with writing, drawings, photographs and hastily assembled song since early 2013 but didn't release her first album, "Self-Titled" under this moniker until 2014.
2) Mom: Much like a handmade quilt, Sleep Whale’s (Mom's) music is filled with collected scraps of material, beautiful patterns and meticulous crafting. Though the possibilities for both quilts and music are many, the ultimate purpose is to keep one warm.
For guitarist/cellist Joel North and violinist/sequence programmer Bruce Blay, the melding of traditional live acoustic sounds of violin, cello, and guitar with vanguard electronic processing is the most natural thing in the world. Woven throughout the infectious melodies of violin, cello, and guitar you’ll find music boxes, shortwave radios, tape machines, water and much more.
Their album "Little Brite" is being released in Japan with two videos and possibly slightly altered tracks. They are currently on the Austin Based label Western Vinyl, and have since changed their name to "Sleep Whale."
3) The European MOM is a band who connects comedy with alternative music (sometimes with techno as well!). MOM stands for Michael, Oliver and Matze, 3 young guys who use many different instruments and make (sometimes not so) serious music. The band lives in Stuttgart, Germany.
4) The original MOM was a San Francisco CA based band in the late 1980's and early 1990's comprised of members of the band's Bomb and Bedlam Rovers. They were a rock band augmented with violin, and were affiliated with the Komotion International music collective.
5) Japanese singer/songwriter/track maker, Mom, is a 22-year-old student creating music he describes as "Craft Hip-Hop". In November of 2018, he released his debut album "Playground" and was selected to be one of Apple Music's best new artists. In the month of May 2019, he released "Detox", his new album. Produced and recorded all by himself, and is seeing industry success already.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.