There are more than one artist with this name:
1) Midnight Sun is a heavy metal band formed in Summer 1996. Still under the name of Tranquility the group gave a series of club shows all over Sweden and - after changing the band name to Midnight Sun – recorded their debut album, Another World in the ´Roasting House` Studio. The CD was released in in Japan, Sweden and Germany in 1997 and received brilliant reviews. Metal Machine has many hymns to the metal. Titles such as 'Metal Gods', 'Dungeons Of Steel' and 'Steel To Steel' are examples.
2) Midnight Sun was a Danish rock band in the 1970's.
Denmark's Rainbow Band was formed in late 1969 as a supergroup consisting of Peer Frost (ex-Young Flowers), Lars Bisgaard (ex-Maxwells), Carsten Smedegaard (ex-Beefeaters), Bent Hesselmann and the former jazz players Niels Brønsted and Bo Stief (they had backed American jazz musicians at Copenhagen's Café Montmartre). The idea was to play jazz-influenced progressive rock in the style ofBurnin' Red Ivanhoe and Traffic's second album. These influences were strongly evident on their 1970 album. It's a very good effort, still very indicative of the hippie era. The rhythm section still produced the powerful 60s beat, forcing Peer Frost to squeeze out some of his best guitar solos. Lars Bisgaard was replaced by Allan Mortensen (ex-Tears) at the end of 1970. A Canadian group was already using the name Rainbow Band, which forced the Danish group to change their name into Midnight Sun in July 1971.
3) A punk-ska-folk band!!!
4) An Indie Pop band from Richland, Washington
5) A death metal band from Finland which released three demos and an EP.
6) A symphonic metal band from Czech, soon releasing their first demos.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.