There are at least 3 bands using the name Mere:
1) An electronic producer from the United States.
2) A New York alternative rock band.
3) An experimental / improv trio.
4) A Romanian rock band.
1) Mere is a solo electronic producer from Boston, United States. His first album, Bird, was released on January 11th, 2017 on Cerise Records, followed by his second album, Solanin released on February 2nd 2018 on business casual. His third album, Rotti, was released on November 2nd 2018 on business casual, then followed by a deluxe re-issue of Solanin containing several bonus tracks on November 17th, 2018 on Sleepless Tapes, to coincide with a limited edition cassette release. His style is very much influenced from genres such as Future Funk, French House, and Vaporwave.
2) Mere, an original rock and roll band from New York City, delivers powerful, hook-oriented music and a live show best described by the word "intense." The song-centric approach to writing ensures that the listener always hears a balanced, coherent song, rather than a collection of musically pretentious parts. The musical identity that is achieved via this approach is a full, textured sound replete with sonically innovative ideas and memorable hooks.
Mere, comprised of Brian (guitars), Braz (vocals), Marty (drums), Kyle (bass), and Brett (rhythm guitar), has released their new album, titled Switches and Dials. Mere has opened for national acts such as INXS, Seven Mary Three, OK Go, Oasis and The Black Crowes. Their live show is a high-energy performance that has swept the band's home state and mesmerizes crowds wherever the band plays. With a strong rhythm section, engaging guitar hooks and powerful vocals and harmonies, Mere is an exciting live act both musically and visually.
3) Gareth Davis: bass clarinet // Thomas Cruijsen: guitar // Leo Fabriek: drums: Mere is a new project that began as a soundtrack and continues as an experimental, dark-ambient jazz group. Guitar, drums and bass clarinet provide an intense and improvised journey into the abyss.
The trio first came together to work on a soundtrack for a Dutch TV documentary called ‘Visserman’. Having known each other for some time this was the first time they had combined together to write music and the name Mere comes from the Dutch word for ‘more’.
Each member adds a different influence to the sound, the modal finger picked guitar playing of Thomas adds a sense of movement while Gareth takes both folk and free jazz ideas to play against Leo's free rock influenced drum work. The tracks were recorded all in single takes with just a quick discussion of outline and tuning as a basic guide.
Gareth Davis records on Important, Miasmah, Sonic Pieces, Dekorder, Home Normal etc. Collaborating with Machinefabriek, Steven R. Smith, Scanner, Frances-Marie Uitti, Ryan Teague, Elliott Sharp, Ian Hawgood and the like.
Leo Fabriek releases on Digitalis, Home Normal etc. and is also the drummer with the noise rock band Julie Mittens.
4) Romanian rock band Mere was started in 2010 by: Bruno Mark Huţiu - voice, guitars; Jack Popescu - guitars, keyboards, voice; Marcel Iovanov - bass guitar; Sergiu Nădăban - drums.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.