2017 – present (2 years)
Melt is the name of several different groups, including:
2. Melt is a band formed in Portland, OR in 2014. Consisting of members from other PDX artists Including Mister Tang, Ladywolf, and A Happy Death. Members: Jeff Tang (Guitar, Vocals) Nik Barnaby (Drums) Ryan Lella (Lead Guitar) Ted Parker (Bass)
3. Melt is one of the many projects of Sebastian Komor, also known for his work in Icon of Coil, Zombie Girl, and Komor Kommando, among others. His first album under this name, Emissions Of Hypocrisy, was released in late 2011.
5. Melt initially started with cousins Paul Pipitone (bass) and Chris Gagnon (drums). Both had been around the local Boston music scene for several years and were looking to do something new that combined elements that were dynamic and jarring yet still accessible and melodic. Paul was into punk, art rock and goth, Chris, hard rock and jazz. Some tunes and a solid foundation were set, but the final line-up was not. Enter guitarist Nils Freiberger. He and Paul have been friends for many years, and when the guitarist spot became available, he jumped at the opportunity. Previously Nils had been a mainstay on the local RI club scene, and fronted several of his own bands there. Now he was ready for a new challenge and the energy and technical prowess his playing brought in started becoming infectious. From the moment Rachel Drucker sang her first note to the band, they knew she was the missing and perfect piece of the puzzle. With her diverse theatre and musical background, not to mention stellar vocals and stage presence, she brought the band to a new level of excellence. She quickly brought up the energy level a thousand fold due to her live performances and interest in exotic instruments and world and underground music. The quartet got straight to work revising some existing original material and adding many new exciting collaborations to their ever growing set. They created a buzz throughout the year, and have gotten favorable reviews, and made an impressive showing at the 2005 Emergenza festival. The packed house at the Paradise couldnt believe it was only Rachels second show with the band and they were shocked she had not fronted a rock band before that. On the heels of Rachels induction, the group raced into Nils home studio to record a new demo and they are currently shopping it around and playing gigs in New England.
6. Melt was a band from Melbourne Australia who released the CD entitled "DOLLMEATFIST" in 1992.
7. Melt is a three-piece rock band hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia. Brought together by their profession as journalists, the group incorporate wide range of influences, from shoegaze to early emo, britpop to post-hardcore, even jangle pop to lo-fi music. The results are uniquely blended noisy space rock music with no boundary of genres. Melt were formed in South Jakarta, mid 2017 by vocalist/guitarist Irfan Muhammad, bassist Abba Gabrillin and Drummer Rinaldy Sofwan.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.