1997 – present (24 years)
There are more than one artist named Matilda.
1. Matilda Gressberg, singer/songwriter, Norway
2. an Electropop duo from Argentina
3. an alternative rock band from North England
4. a Lo-Fi Indie solo music project from Detroit Michigan, US.
1. Matilda (Matilda Gressberg) from Eidskog, Norway, has at the age of only 18 already established herself as a complete artist and a high profile Norwegian act. Her debut single “When Something Ends” went all the way to number of the official Norwegian radio chart , and the album ‘A Heart’ is without a doubt one of the strongest and most impressive Scandinavian debuts in many years. Featuring on the album we find a host of well-known Norwegian musicians and producers. Among them are Evene Ormestad (producers), Thom Hell (guitars and co-producer), Jonas Alaska (harmonica), Martin Horntvedt (drums), David Wallumrød (keyboards), Kjetil Grande and Olaf Olsen (drums). Matilda possesses a great voice, both crystal clear and consisting of a strong and hard-to-describe characteristic. Add in a very good ear for melodies, blended with a knack for solid pop- and singer/songwriter tunes, and last but not least credibility. What we end up with is a particularly potent mix bound for stardom.
2. Matilda is an electropop duo from Santa Fe, Argentina.
4. This Matilda project is also sometimes called, “Matilda And Friends,” sometimes known as just “Matilda,” "Mathilda" or sometimes also known as “Matilda ” but it’s usually the same thing, slightly different.
The Matilda project is a mostly solo ongoing musical endeavor spearheaded by mostly relaxed and slightly lazy working man Shaun Wisniewski.
Originally called P.S. the Matilda project started as a birthday gift for his brother in 2003. Shaun enjoyed the music making process so much that he continued to do it. +
Now in 2011 the Matilda project has seen many variations, mutations, as well as other oddities, but has put out around 15 releases, most of which are full length albums.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.