There are some artists with the name Masada:
1) Masada is not so much a band as a musical project that John Zorn embarked upon in the early '90s. It is a collection of more than 200 short tunes that have been written in accordance with a number of rules. These include the maximum number of staves, the modes or scales that are used and the fact that they must be playable by any small group of instruments.
Zorn formed the group Masada in order to record and perform this set of tunes. The personnel is John Zorn - alto saxophone, Dave Douglas - trumpet, Greg Cohen - bass, and Joey Baron - drums. A number of different drummers have performed with Masada over the years, most regularly Kenny Wollesen. Masada recorded the music on a series of ten CDs on the Japanese DIW label and a number of live recordings on Zorn's Tzadik label.
In the last few months of 2004, Zorn wrote over 300 new tunes for the Masada songbook. Some of the new tunes were debuted at Tonic, NYC in December of 2004, as a mini festival.
2) Masada is a 4-piece screamo/hardcore Band from Erlangen, Germany. They released a demo in 2014 and their first album on 10.06.2016.
3) Masada is a hardcore band from Hamilton, New Zealand. Influenced by bands such as Converge, Trap them, The Hope Conspiracy and Cursed. In 2008 they released their "So This Is Life" Demo and and 2009 released a second EP, available for free at www.myspace.com/masadahc
4) Masada is a two man project oriented in Trance and Goa/Psychedelic Trance music. The band was formed in 1999 when Mathias Westin and Torsten Edwinson decided that they wanted to make music together. They were both students and shared an extreme interest in music and computers. Mathias used to make music at home for a long time but never released any of his work.
When Mathias and Torsten formed Masada they wanted to make intelligent electronic music with lots of rythm and dance orientation. They made an early decission to release their music on internet. Their first song made number one on mp3 Trance chart. With such success from start they knew they had found the right style. Most of their tracks was extremly succesfull and soon the demand on a real album release from the fans was obivious.
5) Masada is a death metal band from Philadelphia, PA. Masada was conceived in 2008 by guitarist Chris Milewski. Shortly after, Chris was joined by renowned drummer Craig Smilowski (ex-Immolation, ex-Goreaphobia, Rellik,) bassist Matt Dwyer (Rellik,) and vocalist Cazz “The Black Lourde of Crucifixion” Grant (Crucifier.)
After numerous delays, the "Suffer Mental Decay" demo was finally finished and released on May 21, 2011 containing two tracks of old school death metal.
The demo is available for streaming and as a free download through the Masada Bandcamp page
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.