There are at least fifteen artists/groups using this name.
2) darkwave band Mantra was based in Manchester, UK from 1997-2001. Core members included: Simon Carroll on guitars; Yvonne Neve, performing vocals and keyboards and Phil Wallis on bass. They produced two albums, Every Defect and Painted Red. Lately, former band members Simon Carroll and Yvonne Neve formed the two piece Red Painted Red. http://www.myspace.com/redpaintedred.
4) The fourth band called Mantra is a 1981 funk band produced by Larry Blackmon and Anthony Lockett from legendary funk band Cameo. The band's leader Roger Harris later appeared in another Blackmon produced project, Cashflow, before joining the Manhattans in the late 80s. Mantra released one self titled album in 1981, Mantra.
5) The fifth band called Mantra is an Italian hard rock formation. In 2004 they released Hard Times which credited: Jacopo Meille (Tygers Of Pan Tang) vocals, Matt Giuliani backing vocals, Gianluca Galli (Time Machine) guitars, and Senio Firmati on Drums, Percussion.
6) Indonesian band. Members are: Anda "Bunga," Khaseli "Zeke" Gumelar, and Emil "Naif."
8) a Jazz Rock band featuring Michael Roberts guitar, Alex Magor keyboards, Evan Joyce bass, and Erik Egol drums, that serve up an eclectic mix of sounds, from slamming funk to progressive metal, classical inspired arrangements, and sizzling uptempo jazz fusion. http://www.moremantra.com
10) Mantra is a producer from the Virgin Islands, specifically St. Croix. He is a member of the WYSF Collective and has been making experimental hip hop and electronic music for years. www.wysf.bandcamp.com
13) A four-piece psychedelic grunge band from Haarlem, The Netherlands
14) Mantra is - real name:
Acid Phreex, Craig Stainton, Monofonix, Myriadd
and in groups as: In Groups:
Modular Men, Nite Vision
Producing mostly acid electronix.
15). American Hip-Hop artist from Mobile, AL https://soundcloud.com/untiy-revolution
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.