There are multiple artists and groups with the name Luka.
1) Brazilian singer Luka started playing the guitar at the age of 7. At 16, when she was known as Luciana Lima, she already performed in bars and clubs of Rio Grande do Sul using only her guitar and her incredible voice, she even performed at Planeta Atlântica, one of the most important music festivals in Brazil.
“I can’t say when I decided to become an artist, music was always part of my life.”, says the singer and songwritter that,besides the guitar, also studied the piano, music theory and joined some chorus such as Arapy when she lived for 2 years in Paraguay.
2) Luka is also a band member of the Neo-Celtic Pagan Folk band Omnia.
3) Luka is apunk rock band called Luka From Alfeld (Leine)/Germany. They released 2 CDs so far: The EP “Radio Liberty” (2001) and the first full-length-album “Declaration Of Dependence” (2003)
4) Young Lithuanian singer who started her career as a DJ and then started singing. After just one album, she moved and currently studies in Great Britain.
5) A Korean hip-hop artist who released his first album on 24th April, 2009. Having been trained as a pianist, graduating from Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory and Gnessin State Musical college, he was deeply inspired by hip-hop artists, from Mobb Deep in his childhood to various foreign albums that were accessible to him while he was studying in Russia.
In his first album, ‘A Pianist Who Loves Hip-Hop’, he collaborated with artists ranging from the Korean underground artist Basick and Innovator of Jigga Fellaz, to Shogunna of NYC and tesch and estefano from the famed Austrian group of TTK
6) Rina Nishibe, known by the performance alias LUKA, is a Japanese composer, performer and former actress. She began recording material in 1996 and is currently signed to Sony Music Japan.
7) Luka is the project of a Japanese DJ and a producer Yusuke Ozawa. He started more active production in 2005. His musical preferences has turned from hard techno into tech-house, electro-house and minimal. Luka's second album NeVER MIND was released on June 17th in 2010 under 0069 Records as an HMV exclusive in Japan.
8) Luka is also a young Estonian alternative/experimental singer-songwriter, also the guitarist and singer for the band Deathcats.
9) Luka - London-based dream-R&B band formed in 2012, debut EP on http://lukaofficialmusic.bandcamp.com/
10) Luka is the pseudonym of Dutch singer-songwriter Lisa Lukaszczyk, who is based in Rotterdam. With her colourful voice and honest songs, she introduces her listerners into her world of experience. Inspired by Justin Vernon's Bon Iver, Fink and Daughter Luka plays a dynamic but intimite liveshow.
She was Tessa Rose Jackson's support-act during her tour and in april 2014 she was "3voor12 Den Haag Selecteert act" ("The Hague Selects act"). On May 27th, Luka's debut released: the EP 'Change of Seasons'.
Luka's live-act consists of three other musicians: David Gram, Guido Nederstigt and Wannes Salomé.
11) Perth, Australia (2018-?)
luka buchanan is a performance poet, writer, and visual artist. also goes by l. j. buchanan or "fuckin' weirdo"
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.