4. U2 - rediscovered thanks to decent U23D movie-concert.
3. Clannad - for two fantastic concerts they gave in 2008 in Poland
2. Red Sparowes - if I had a band, I would like to play music in a way they do...
1. The most important rediscovery was, also thanks to a stunning amount of energy on stage (in Łódź), is Zdob Si Zdub.
Thanks to two shanties festivals I attended in 2008, I got to know many new bands, with some of them I fell immediatelly in love. And here they are:
3. Banana Boat - up to now they released only one album but this year (hopefully) it's going to change. Great acapella band with very specific power they show on stage.
2. Yank Shippers (and particularly their songs Gniazdo piratów and Na krańcach świata) - though their music may seem to be strange and uninteresting, all in all it's fascinating.