There are four artists that use the name Jacob:
1. A Brazilian Progressive Trance producer
2. An American experimental rock band from Milwaukee.
3. The mononym of French-Canadian teen pop singer Jacob Guay; and
4. An Australian pop-punk band from Wollongong, Australia.
1. So this is Jacob, the Brazilian dude who delivers those outrageously huge Progressive bangers! Best to be played at high volume while the hot summer sun is burning down on lots and lots of naked skin- just because it’s the perfect sound for this situation.One moment the groove only consists of an ultra-fat bass line accompanied by some minimal rhythms, the next moment the whole thing is just exploding, bursting into a multi-dimensional universe of intertwined harmonies, subtle psychoacoustics sparkling in between, cascades of uplifting rhythms… just purely positive catchiness.
2. Jacob are an American experimental noise/drone project from Milkwaukee, Wisconsin. The band consists of David Cordero (also of Úrsula) and Marco Serrato (also of Orthodox), who both provide production and instrumentation. The duo first collaborated on the arrangements that would become the Emma soundtrack. With a mutual love for sci fi and horror films, they decided to collaborate further under the moniker of Jacob. Their debut album under the name, entitled The Ominous, was released in March 2013.
3. Jacob Guay, better known as Jacob (born on 8 April 1999 in Quebec), is a Canadian singer; dubbed as the French language answer to fellow Canadian Justin Bieber. Jacob started singing on stage on various public occasions at year 4. At seven years of age, he appeared in the Quebec children talent program L'École des fans. At the age of 8, he appeared in a competition program entitled Que feriez vous pour 100$. Jacob Guay plays the piano and guitar. He sings publicly in both French and English.
4. Jacob are an Australian pop-punk band based out of Wollongong, New South Wales. The band consists of vocalist Ruairi Burns, guitarist/vocalist Andrew Jago, guitarist/vocalist Jamie Manny, drummer Stuart Magill and touring bassist Kristian Buncher. Former incarnations of the band leaned toward a more melodic-hardcore style, featuring vocalist Chris Young. Forming in 2013, the band released a three-track demo in October of that year, entitled Time to Get Up. The band's debut album, Keep Growing Old, was released independently in May 2015. Their self titled album was released in 2016 and Show Me Some Passion, their first with Resist Records, was released in 2018.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.